Spain - Canary Islands - Gran Canaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Gran Canaria.
how lively are you looking for?
you could opt for the capital las palmas, or if a beach is more important then you may be better off going to a hotel somewhere in playa del ingles which is a very popular beach and has good nightlife in the area too. depends on how young you are and how much you like your nightlife - there are some great clubs there!
The good thing about gran canaria and the canary islands is the weather - it's usually mild and I would expect temperatures between 19-24 degrees I would think? I've been to the canaries before in October and the weather was lovely.
Late october/early november can be a strange time here...change from Summer season to Winter season means an influx of Scandinavians to the island so its still busy but night life can be a bit more hit and miss especially after what has been a rather quiet summer. As stated above the main resorts of Playa De Ingles and Puerto Rico are probably the two better options. PDI is generally regarded as the livelier of the resorts, summer time its more 18-30. Its quite spread out so come winter it can feel quiet, but there are three or four main areas, where there is always some good nightlife. PR is a bit more concentrated, into 1 main commercial centre and 4 smaller ones...so sometimes the fall in numbers isnt quiet so noticable. Either resort has alot to offer and there will always be good nightlife and somethhing for everyone to enjoy. It just depends on what sort of nightlife you are after...
Hi, thanks for your replys. We have now decided on Lanzarote, Puerto Del Carmen! has anyone been here in November?
Thanks
Hi lis20 ... for info and discussion about Puerto del Carmen, you would be best visiting our Lanzarote forum.

David :wave
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.