Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Hi pasteljay,

Fethiye is not a beach resort but it does have a lovely harbour and old town area that have some great bars and restaurants. Its possible to get to quite a lot of places from Fethiye. You can get a water taxi to Calis beach or the dolmus up to Hisaronu or Olu deniz which has the best beach in Turkey. There will be plenty of boat trips available.

Other List of things to do in Fethiye

There is a roman ampitheatre right by the harbour.

The fish market is a great place to eat if you like fish. You select your fish from the market selling the days catch, then take it to one of the restaurants around the market square and they will cook it for you, you just pay for the accompanyments and drinks.There's a full menu for those who don't want fish. It has a great atmosphere at night.

The car cemetry, great bar for sitting outside and watching the world go bar. Livens up later with dance music.

The rock tombs in mountains behind Fethiye. its possible to visit a restaurant right near these, the owners collect you from your hotel and bring you back. (Sorry don't know the name of it)
Must agree, the fish market is a must. Lot cheaper than other places to eat.
Fethiye is a great place to be based as has been said, there are a lot of things to see and do in easy reach. There are some great bars/restaurants too. I'm going myself on Wednesday!
I'm at Calis Beach at the moment and we've visited Fethye twice already with a visit to the market planned tomorrow. Its very hot here at mo, 31c in the evening and morning reaching over 40 during the day with not a cloud in the sky. The 5 day weather report suggest more of the same but last month temps were nearing 50c!
Fethiye is worth a stroll along the harbour where there are plenty of restaurants offering meals of 15-20 TL and Sea Bream or Sea Bass seems very common. Bread and meze are often thrown in for free. There's also plenty of boat trips on offer for approx the same cost. The quaint streets are full of deals, either by bartering for spices, perfumes and goods in the old town or taking advantage of the current 25, 50 and 75% reductions in the chique boutiques.
Calis Beach is a 4km stretch of sand to shingle beach with plenty of restaurants to tempt you.
I've previously visited Gumbet/Bodrum nearly 18 years ago and Altinkum/Marmaris 11 years ago and can happily say this is the most chilled and nicest part of Turkey I've been to. Plenty of Turkish people enjoying the food, sun and tranquility of this place. There are currently 11 turtle egg nests on the beach which are protected by what looks like bins and a small hut providing info.
Most music stops by 1am but bars stay open for the strays who enjoy a few drinks into the early hours.
Dolmus is currently running at 1.50 TL although the dolmus to Olu Deniz is 3.50.
I'm at Calis Beach at the moment and we've visited Fethye twice already with a visit to the market planned tomorrow. Its very hot here at mo, 31c in the evening and morning reaching over 40 during the day with not a cloud in the sky. The 5 day weather report suggest more of the same but last month temps were nearing 50c!
Fethiye is worth a stroll along the harbour where there are plenty of restaurants offering meals of 15-20 TL and Sea Bream or Sea Bass seems very common. Bread and meze are often thrown in for free. There's also plenty of boat trips on offer for approx the same cost. The quaint streets are full of deals, either by bartering for spices, perfumes and goods in the old town or taking advantage of the current 25, 50 and 75% reductions in the chique boutiques.
Calis Beach is a 4km stretch of sand to shingle beach with plenty of restaurants to tempt you.
I've previously visited Gumbet/Bodrum nearly 18 years ago and Altinkum/Marmaris 11 years ago and can happily say this is the most chilled and nicest part of Turkey I've been to. Plenty of Turkish people enjoying the food, sun and tranquility of this place. There are currently 11 turtle egg nests on the beach which are protected by what looks like bins and a small hut providing info.
Most music stops by 1am but bars stay open for the strays who enjoy a few drinks into the early hours.
Dolmus is currently running at 1.50 TL although the dolmus to Olu Deniz is 3.50.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.