Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
RESORTHOPPA.COM
11 Posts
I know it doesn't help but they do have upto 28 days to respond to a complaint even if they only acknowledge receipt. Very frustrating.
They did the same to us four years ago in Menorca, return transfer never turned up, mad dash to airport in taxi, nearly missed flight. They eventually reimbursed the cost of the transfer but refused to pay the cost of the taxi. Never even considered using them since.
Happened to us in Fuengirola. It did take some time but eventually we did get out taxi fare back off them.
i have used them a few times in benidorm with no problems
wonder if its diffrent where you a
The print off for the transfer booking has the contact details on for you to confirm your return and also has the reference code on to do this online if you wish.

You may well have a problem claiming against them if you did not confirm your return(I appreciate you are saying that you did not have the information) What I don't understand is how you did not have that information from either ResortHoppa themselves or the booking agent.

Who did you book through?
Thought this would be of interest. This email was sent to Ola holidays and Resorthoppa.

On the 22.6.2009 I had the hugh misfortune to book a holiday though your company.

I have so many complaints about your companies incompetence it is hard to know where to begin ! Between yourselves and Resort Hoppa you managed to make our holiday one of the most miserable travel experiences I have ever had. From booking up the holiday to arriving and coming home it was just one catalogue of mis-information and poor travel advice.

When I originally booked our holiday the operator, who had a very strong accent, managed to take down my email address wrongly. After not receiving a confirmation from your company I rang and was able to rectify this mistake and eventually was able to get a confirmation from you. However, I did not receive a confirmation from Easyjet. So I tried ringing your company by phone on numerous occasions for advice. The first time I got through I was told that it was not a problem but the administration was closed but he would fix it for me. I did not hear anything, so I tried ringing again and was told it was ''nothing to do with him'' and was given another number to ring. Eventually I got through and this operator told me to ring the first number I had rung ! I gave up in exasperation ! The next day I tried again and was told by your next operator that she would sort it and ring me back in ten minutes. Still nothing heard.....I next tried your customer services department. Without exageration I was left on the line listening to a message saying how ''important my message was'' and I gave up with your incompetent, inaccessible company !

I decided to get in touch with EasyJet direct and they told me that your company had giving me the wrong information. Your original operator gave me a reference number to get access to EasyJets website and print out my e-boarding passes. I was able to get onto the site but it would not let me print an e-ticket out. Easyjet told me that your operator had given me the wrong information and that because we had luggage that we would have to get to the airport two hours before and book in as normal. It was annoying news but at least I was getting some decent information from a good company !

Eventually we got to our destination, in Palma, to find that your company had not confirmed our transfer booking and they did not have us on their system. Fortunately they were able to get us up on their system and we were allowed on the coach. Five minutes out of Palma the coach broke down.....We suddenly stopped no explaination was given as to what was happening and we were subjected to very loud ''house'' music for 40 mins while a replacement bus was sent.

We got to the complex in the morning to be told that we would not be able to get to our rooms for another 8 hours ! I would have thought your ''experienced'' travel advisor would have told us this. I had to pay an extra 85 euros to get the room.

At the end of the holiday I tried to confirm my transfer booking to resorthoppa, by phone the day before I left. Again I got a message that I was in a queue and after pumping in 8 euros I was told that it was too early to reconfirm my transfer booking and I had to try again later ! Later I tried and could not get through and eventually rebooked on line. I double checked this and reconfirmed on line again to make sure, as by this time my confidence in resorthoppa was nil. I twice received confirmation back that I would be picked up at 2050 outside the Bouganvilla Hotel. We were outside the hotel waiting ten minutes before the coach was due and after over an hour waiting for the bus we had to get a taxi to Palma airport which cost us 85 euros. If we had not done this we would have missed our flight.

Words cannot describe what a rotten holiday it was caused by your company and resorthoppa.
ght you would like to read this about Ola Holidays and Resort Hoppa. Very unrelliable companies. Dont trust them with your holiday.

''
Just returned from a holiday in Turkey with transfers by resorthoppa and had no problems (apart from a driver who went round the mountain bends a little too fast at 2am).
AVOID AVOID AVOID!!! Awful service, did not provide the service they supposedly offer and their customer service and procedure/policies are non-existant! Do not care about their customers in the slightest!

I have used resort hoppa before and they have always been average; they are a bit slow to leave the airport but okay and a fairly reasonable price.

However, this time they failed to pick us up from the location they told us they were collecting us from, and after numerous calls to the company (even before the time the bus arrived to check its whereabouts!) they told us to get a taxi to the airport (€100) and take a receipt and that they would reimburse us and that they had a policy in place for situations such as this, which would provide for us to do this. Since returning to the UK, we have been in touch with the company numerous times and they are refusing to pay the taxi fare or reimburse us any costs. Their customer service has been shoddy and they have failed to reply on several occassions. They have asked for all the evidential documents and information from us, only to say that they can't do anything, despite having originally advised us to take the taxi and get a receipt in the first place. They have not apologised, shown the slightest bit of remorse, or even offered a refund of the (unused) resort hoppa ticket!!

I could go about their appalling behaviour and lack of good customer treatment and their inability to provide the servce they purport to provide, but instead I will just say, loud and clear - AVOID AT ALL COSTS.
I recently used Resorthoppa to book a taxi from our resort hotel to Heraklion airport. I had no internet access in Crete, so on the day of pickup I called their office as per their email, and asked for our pickup time. I was told we would be picked up at 22:00. We waited at reception at 22:00, but by 22:20 no taxi had arrived. I called the Resorthoppa office, but it was closed (to be fair, the email said it would be). I therefore had to take a local taxi to the airport. It later turned out that the taxi had arrived at 21:00, but of course we were not there at that time, so it left. I contacted customer services when I got home, but they just told me I should have checked online after calling, which seems to defeat the purpose of having a telephone confirmation service. As it happens, the online information still states that ““Your transfer will be waiting for you on 24 May 2015 at 00:00”. No response from customer services since then.
In fact, the local taxi cost less than the ResortHoppa taxi, so I would caution against using this service.
In short the transfer I booked failed to turn up. I rang both local and emergency numbers they provided 4 times with no answer. I then found a UK number for Resort Hoppa and was told to take a taxi (at a cost of 92 euros) and apply for a refund on my return. I did this the next day.

1) It took 11 WEEKS for them to reply to my original email
2) I provided all the information they needed but they still managed to investigate a completely different journey taken 2 years ago and gave me false information saying I didn't make this transfer when I did. Appears either their record keeping systems are awful or they just lie to their customers.
3) I was told they would refuse to investigate my complaint further unless I could produce the SMS confirmation message. I no longer had this and then 4 hours later they emailed me with it. Why did I need to provide them with this information to further the investigation when they already had it?
4) I was then emailed to be told as it had taken "longer than 28 days past travel this makes it very difficult to investigate a complaint if we receive your feedback however should you respond to us we will try our very best to investigate the matter further or correspond to you." See point 1!
5) I then produced a bill showing I had called local and emergency numbers 4 times. I was told I didn't make enough attempts to calls these numbers! I was then told that I should have given them more time as the office was dealing with other customers. But the phone line wasn't engaged, there was no answer and there was no way to leave a message.

Their complaints procedure is completely useless. Asked repeatedly for a phone number to speak to someone directly about my complaint and was refused. I was fobbed off every step of the way. Will never use them again!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.