Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
Only just seen this so you might have already booked. We stayed at Vale d'Oliveiras a week ago. Very nice resort a mix of self catering town houses and and hotel rooms. The town houses are a high standard and spacious, good wi fi (you get your own router in the lounge), lcd tv, dvd player with surround sound setup. Well specced kitchens. Lovely spacious gardens, with your own sunbeds to use by your room terrace. Lovely pool area though it could be bigger. Never had any problems getting a sunbed round the pool.

Its a resort where you'll need transport as no restaurants/ bars within reasonable walking distance. Ten to fifteen minutes drive give a choice of numerous restaurants in Carvoiero and Ferragudo
Hi Sunbear!

Thank you very much for replying! :)
We have actually just booked Monte Santo, however we will definitely check out Vale d'Oliveiras when we're there as we might stay there next time :)
Do you mind me asking if Vale d'Oliveiras was expensive?

I hope you had a lovely holiday and that the weather was nice. We're not heading out for another 3 weeks, so hope the weather will still be nice then! :)
Compared with other 5 star resorts available at the same time it was quite reasonable (i.e. cheaper than than most available - it was coming out cheaper than the Monte Santo for example which was another property we considered - of course it all depends on the deal you can get at the time), Certainly a resort we would be happy to return to if we can get a similar deal again.

Hope you enjoy the Monte Santo, we only drove past it but it looked good.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.