Caribbean Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Caribbean
Hi Charlie,

We stayed at Secrets Maroma beach last year but bought a day pass to visit our friends who were staying at the EDR.

Not sure how much research you have done into the area itself, but what I can say is that there is nothing around the EDR. The hotel is situated (at a guess) probably about a mile or two of the main highway, and I would hazard a guess and say that the nearest town would be Playa Del Carmen being about 20/25 mins away by taxi.

Not sure if they have a mini bus (might be worth emailing them to ask) but taxis are readily available and can be booked from reception.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Regards,
Pat
Thanks for the reply Pat. I have checked and the hotel runs a daily bus service to Playa Del Carmen and Cancun. However, I'm not so sure about at night though.

We've stayed in Cancun twice before, the last time being 2009. From what I remember the taxis were quite cheap (although we did use the public buses a lot). Are the taxis still as cheap? How much should I expect it to cost from EDR to Playa Del Carmen?

Again, any help would be much appreciated.

Charlie.
Hi Charlie,

I've just had a quick and came across this post dated 13th Aug 13 ......

<It's about 20/25 mins by private taxi and we paid 25USD each way.

El Dorado Royale do run a free/complementary shuttle on Mon, Wed, Fri and Sat leaving EDR at 18.00hrs and returning to EDR at 22.00hr>

Regards,
Pat

ps We stayed at the El Dorado Seaside Suite 2 years ago and had a wonderful holiday. EDR is also a beautiful resort but on a bigger scale ... enjoy:-)
No worries Charlie ... your welcome:-)

Regards,
Pat
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.