Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
Had two great reasonable meals at El Cine again this year.Large portions.You may have to queue up if you go there at around 1pm.
Another place worth visiting is Bar Rose opposite Guardia Civil.Great tapas and they have a paella ready at around mid day 4 euros for a ration.
Hi, this is my first visit to this web site. In March my wife and i will be going to PDLA for our first holiday on our own for 16 yrs. :sun2 . My wife would like to try a traditional Paella dish, can anyone recommend one in PDLA. We are staying near the Marina. Cheers. :fly
Hi,
PDLA isn't good for anything authentic, try Raymonds near Carolina's supermarket in Los Cristianos.
He's Canarian.
You may not be dissapointed in what you get in PDLA but it won't be authentic.
What I find reasonable is nearly all the hotels have pool bars and usually once a week they do a paella demonstration which you can then buy for around 6 euros.
I think Raymonds is around 22 euros for two.
Plenty of authentic stuff in the moutains but you will need a car.
Hope you find something and enjoy your holiday.
Rodz
As the previous post suggests. Raymond's. They also have other dishes that aren't on the menu, afraid you have to visit a few times and watch what comes out of the kitchen, then order what you see on other peoples plates.
His version of Canarian Chicken is a favourite of ours, also steak special with garlic, prawns and chicken is nice. Paella as mentioned is a big part of his custom, although we don't indulge many do and it looks fab.
It you like your fillet steak rare, then we believe you would have to go a long way to beat it.
Not fancy, no one standing outside promoting, a great night out and you will return.
Have been using it for several years, never had a bad meal.
Wherever you try, enjoy. If you find it good, then post it on here.
hi pebble

is raymonds the restaurant by the steps on los cristianos front?

tracey
Location of Raymond's. From church square in centre of LC, face the taxi rank, walk left past taxis, Raymond's is last place before the large rock that narrows the street.
The backend of taxi rank is outside the place.
Locate, try and enjoy. Report your views.
There are other Raymond's, one near to Vista Sur the other in PDLA.
We are assured they are NOT connected
Thanks Pebble, will give it a try in march when we're there.
San luis in LC is superb food and a lovely friendly atmosphere, great steaks and the chopitos are the best ive ever had.

passed Raymonds many time and it was always busy which shows its good as its location is poor on the main road next to the supermarket.
San Luis is located as follows. Walk from the church square in LC along the narrow street, The street that La Fortuna is on. Go past La Fortuna, you come to El Romantica restaurant, on the right is a flight of steps, halfway up the steps on the left is San Luis.
You will be made welcome, food is good, try the garlic & tomato bread with Serano ham on as a starter, fish is good, T bone on hotplate worth trying.
Have been using this place for many years, seems to fill up later in the evening as many Canarian places do.
Santos & Luis have worked in LC for many years.
First came across Santos 25yrs ago when he worked as a waiter at Don Carlos.

For information on previous post. Raymonds is not next to a supermarket, from memory there is a chinese gift shop and music shop nearby. Hope this assists.
alternative route to san luis - If coming down the main street passed raymonds towards the church square. As you get to the road that turns off to the right (youd need to cross to get to the church) and then turns left behind the church then follow that road,( right then left) You are now on the street with all the shops on. Walk down in the direction of the sea, on the left you will pass the steps that lead down to the pedestrianised area and san luis is located on the steps near the top.

Certainly our fav place in LC and we will use it at least 3 times in a weeks stay.

ps. the italian restaurant directly under san luis is also fantastic food, i forget its name but eaten there sevearl times and its superb.

LC is blessed with many superb restaurants!
Las Americas,
we had some really great meals in Chaplins,also visited Harleys and that was also very good.Have to say we had a truly terrible meal at the Scotch corner first night we were there,we went there through reccommendation,had the steak pie.......a bad night perhaps??
For Breakfasts we visited Soul City and Wigan Arms which were good,Irish fiddler which was reasonable and Charlies British Diner (i found this whilst changing money at Admiral)and we found this to be the best place we found for breakfasts.
hi la pergola on purto colon harbour next to the irish rose does a great lamb shank its a 3 course meal for 7 euros also the tomato soup is very good
Looks like we won't be short of eating places for our hol next month, some names keep coming up time and again so will give them a try. I am really looking for a restaurant recommendation for somewhere a bit special to take my husband for his 60th Birthday near PDLA or LC. Any ideas?
Thanks MRS.H
My favorite restaurant in the Fañabe area is Chez Bebert located in the El Beril complex behind the El Duque beach. The menu is not large, but for the set price 24.50 Euros you get a 4 course meal at a very high standard. :tup
Been going to Gran Valencia Paella for years, before Eddie was there.

I can't tell a word Eddie says! He reminds me of Popeye.

The waiters are the same, year in, year out and we love the place - great prices, great food.They are so kind to my Mum in her wheelchair, when she comes with us.

Ali x
Gran Valencia Paella.
My favourite eatery for the last 10 years and fantastic value for money.
However my last two visits in the last week the fish was overcooked and spoiled, basically rubbish, hope it`s a blip.
Rodz
Go to Bahamas II in Torviscas, they serve a great paella.
Take the walkway to Fañabe, it's the restaurant with all the flags on the ceiling, you can't miss it.
Also the fresh fish is very good.
That`s another one to try.
Tried Gran Paella again really really bad.
Anybody due over the weather is absolutely gorgous.
Rodz
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.