Greece - Rhodes Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Rhodes.
I am surprised that people are not aware of these limitations. Greece and Turkey are famed for their narrow gauge plumbing. We will take nappy sacks to keep the bin fresh.
I too was shocked that people didn't know and expected the travel agents to inform them!! I thought it was common knowledge.
Hi all got back from the Village today. I said that I would do a review but would just like to say that we were fine while on holiday and none of our part of 6 were ill. BIG bonus. We did have some issues with our rooms but have been told that when we write in on our return that it will be rectified , lets hope so.
We booked a family swim up room and where give the room 3202 this was in the far corner and faced another patio and the corner where the ladder was is the only part that connected to the pool and room 3201 had to walk past us to go into the pool as they faced the wall no privacy at all. They could not move us as the complex was full. We have this in writing and hopefully we will get out money back. My son and his friend both 16 had a separate room over the reception but they were given a queen bed and a bed settee thing suitable for under 12's so unfortunately they would not sleep together my son slept on the sofa bed they put an extra quilt over the mattress to try and make it more comfortable this did not work 6ft 1 and 14stone he needed a proper bed after paying two adult prices and under-occupancy charges totalling £3500 this was very poor. They were not allowed to drink so the only thing different from my smaller children was that they may have eaten more . My daughter cut her big toe on tiles that had come lose from the pool this is happening daily and you can see where they are missing. The reps try so hard and Mattie was great my son will be keeping in contact with him on Facebook. The restaurant was so hot to eat in they should have some fans or up date it with air con you left after eating looking like you had just got out of the shower. The outside area for the evening was too small in my opinion. We also had a problem with our room not being cleaned regularly and had to chase this up 3 times .
Overall we joined in the activities but would not be returning any time soon and perhaps our expectations where a little to high. I will let you know how things go regards getting our refund for things we did not get.
No Glynis, there isn't a bidet in the bathroom. Everything else is fine but beware of the relax pool. A lot of loose tiles cutting people;s feet and the chlorine is changing the colour of most peoples swimwear...and hair extensions in my freinds case.
Hi,

Just returned from two superb weeks at Rhodes HV. No complaints food fab rooms fab daytime entertainment fab. Stayed on Activity side and was glad we did. One of the nicest things about this hotel was the friendliness of the greek staff especially in the restaurant and behind the bars. Having been to several Holiday Villages I am always dissapointed at the lack of friendliness of the staff mainly due to trying to be super efficient rather than taking time out to speak to you. At HV Rhodes you are greeted by staff at the restaurant door who show you to a table and actually have a conversation with you, the greeks are such lovely people and I thought this a real plus. Will definately return to this HV in the future.

If I were to be negative about anything here it would have to be the evening entertainment which was solely aimed at the under fives until 10pm every evening, followed by only around 45 mins of a mixture of family entertainment. which was poor.
Hi

Does anyone have photos of Royal Area delux swim up rooms, we've booked for May next year and it would be nice to see real photos from people who have actually stayed there rather than the brochure ones, I really want a good one for my wallpaper at work so that my countdown of nearly 37 weeks won't seem so long (sad I know, but it works for me)

Thanks

Suzan
Hehehehe

I always try to find a pic of the hotel/pool/beach when I book a holiday and use it as wallpaper....something to look forward to. Must admit we only tend to book holidays about 6-8 weeks in advance (not 37!) :D
Just in reception waiting for our transfer back to the airport after a week in the relax side of HV and thought I'd write a bit of a review.

Food was excellent, staff were amazing - always helpful and friendly, and our four year old son loved kids club.

The pools were lovely but let down by loose/missing tiles on the floor and the general finish around the rooms and the public areas was poor. I would suspect that this was because the final stages were rushed to keep things on target ready for the first guests.

We had one or two problems during our stay but these were sorted out super quick, on one occasion the engineer was at our room by the time I had made the 1min walk back from reception!!

Was a little disappointed that we had to pay to use the safe that was already in our room, on a holiday costing this much already I would of expected this for free.

We hired a car for two days and arranged this through the hotel for ease, this was all sorted with the minimum of fuss - the car was delivered to reception and when we finished we just dropped the keys there. The guy at the car hire desk was excellent too, he directed us to a beautiful beach and spent lots of time giving us some excellent tourist information.

We have had an excellent holiday made even better by the excellent staff. They were all very friendly and good with our son too.

There were one or two bits and pieces not up to standard but I would hope these will be sorted over winter ready for next year and we didn't let it spoil our holiday.

Would we come again??

Don't think we will but only because we don't ever like to go to the same place twice! It's a big old world out there....
If everywhere we go is this good then we will be happy!

Dave

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
just booked a Swim Up room for 4 (I think in the activity) and have a 5 year old and a 1 year old, can anyonr give me a heads up on the room layout (will it take a cot). Also how does it work with the swim up, is it good with children ?
Hi I'm going here in May. Does anyone know if they have a self service laundry room?
:welcome to the forums Appy82 :tup

I can't see anything at all on FC's website regarding laundry facilities. :que
Hi I emailed the hotel. Yes there is a laundry room it's in block 3200 in activity side.
Luckily for me, that's our allocated block as we're a family of five :)
trewentpoint wrote:
just booked a Swim Up room for 4 (I think in the activity) and have a 5 year old and a 1 year old, can anyonr give me a heads up on the room layout (will it take a cot). Also how does it work with the swim up, is it good with children ?

If you go to the official hotel website and click on the accommodation link, there's a room floor plan for each room style. Really handy :)
Appy82 wrote:
Hi I emailed the hotel. Yes there is a laundry room it's in block 3200 in activity side.
Luckily for me, that's our allocated block as we're a family of five :)

Ah thanks for that Appy82, you'd think FC would list it as part of the services/facilities as it's handy for people with children. Thanks again :tup
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.