Greece - Rhodes Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Rhodes.
Rhodes Novice
14 Posts
Kolymbia is a pretty little resort on the east coast. I don't know which hotel you're looking at but i know someone that stayed at the Atlantica Imperial and was very impressed.
It's a little isolated but Tsambika Beach and Seven Springs are not too far away. Ideally hire a car to get about but if you walk up to the main road you can get the bus to either Lindos or Rhodes Town.
We are also looking to stay at the Atlantica Imperial next year end of May but dont know much about either the hotel or the resort. But having stayed in an Atlantica hotel this year (Atlantica Bay in Limassol) we enjoyed it so much that we wanted to go Atlantica again next year. If the Imperial is as good as we will be very happy.
:)
Dawn
P.S. Just hope its nice and hot and that the evenings do not turn chilly in Rhodes at the end of May as we usually go in July. Hope we do not have to pack jumpers. :shock:

Dawn
You'll be fine Dawnlee - i visit in May most years and nights are usually OK. I've had maybe one or two nights that i've had to wear long sleeves or a jacket, when the wind got up a bit, other than that no problems :sun !

The lady i work with also decided to book the Atlantica Imperial after visiting an Atlantica Hotel in Cyprus and loved the Kolymbia hotel. Apparently the grounds are really beautiful.
Hi Guys

Thanks for the responses. It is an Atlantica hotel we're looking at, but the Atlantica Aegean Blue - apparently better for families as the Imperial is more geared to couples (according to some reports it used to be a Thomson Gold/no children, though Portland are doing it for everyone this year).
Thanks Marcus I wasn't sure what to expect weatherwise but it doesnt sound to bad.

Cheers Dawn
Hi Koalabear - Is it really true that the Imperial will be accepting children next year. Ahhhhhhhh. :evil: We were led to believe it was a Thomson gold and that the only children that might be there would be from foreign tour operators. Not that I have got anything against kids but we wanted a really relaxing quiet holiday.
:)
Dawn
Hi Dawn

In our pre child days we looked for no kids holidays too, so no offense taken! :D

The Imperial can be booked with kids via Portland as I worked out a price with 3 adults and 1 child. Some of their rooms sleep 3 and allow a free child place if available. Reading reviews it would seem only Thomson offer it as a child free holiday - other nationalities take their children.

However, child numbers will be very limited - the child price is the same as the adult and the facilities are not really suited to small ones - especially with the Aegean Blue close by which is much more suitable.

Hope this helps!
Hi Koalabear I dont suppose many people would be prepared to pay full adult price to take their kids here (I hope) and I have had a look at the pics of the Aegean Blue it looks a fantastic place.

Hope you have a good time there.

Dawn
We are thinking of going to Rhodes next year. I've only visited Faliraki once before and now would like to stay somewhere a little less crazy. We will be getting married while there and would like to stay somewhere romantic. Does anyone have any suggestions?
I have worked at Atlantica Imperial and it is definatley Adults only. The only children you will find are for other nationalities - and theres only ever a few children staying at one tim. Kolymbia is a great base to stay because it's of equal distance to Lindos and Rhodes Town. I definately recommend a trip to rhodes town in the evening it's gorgeous. The Aegean Blue is also a lovely hotel - but it's mostly German where as the Imperial is mostly British. The food is particularly good in the aegean and there is a great entertainment package in the Imperial.
Hope this helps. :D
Hi Ket 2000 we have booked to go to the Imperial in August & have upgraded to a superior room.Do you have any tips as to the best position in the hotel to ask for this room.Any other inside information would be appreciated.
Roger. :fly
We have reviews of the Atlantica Imperial Resort HERE

luci :wave
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.