UK and Ireland Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the UK and Ireland.
Id like to know this too Lainey !!
Went to Ribby Hall in October 2001 - two adults and a 15 month baby. Fairly modern chalet - self catering. Booking got entry to the swimming facility - heated junior pool.
I recall that pretty much all the rest of the facilities had to be paid for as extras. The holiday village was a little quiet and I think only 2 of about 4 or 5 bars were open - but it was off season. I recall they had theme weekends.
The holiday village is about 2 mins drive from the actual nearest village and about 20 mins drive from the neon pleasures of Blackpool.
The grounds were fairly large if you like to take a walk and there was a fishing lake.
There was also a hotel on site for those patrons who like their food cooked for them.
I cannot recall how much we paid, but don't recall thinking it was expensive.
Hope this helps.
Thanks Becky! I have got the brouchure for it, and it looks really nice, but I haven't spoke to anyone who had stayed, so thanks for the review!
Ive just spoken to a friend of mine who was at Ribby Hall the other week and she said its fantastic. She stayed in the Fishermans cottage section. There's a lovely pool apparently with a jaccuzi and sauna. Theres night life with a disco open at the weekends! plus a beautiful restaraunt, slightly expensive, but very nice. And lots of lovely ducks to feed bread too! so it should be ok i think !
Just wondering if anyone has stayed at these self catering cottages / lodges and how you would rate the place. It looks lovely in the brochure, lots of activities, restaurants and bar etc. was thinking about a midweek break later in the year. The cottages look very nice. just looking for some reviews if anyone has been to see whtether or not is was good?
I live just down the road and it's a good operation. Have seen one of the bungalow type suites and they're excellent. My wife is a member of the health club - there's a great swimming pool and sports facilities.

It's about 6 miles out of Blackpool and the nicer, more sedate Lytham - also close to nice countryside and villages in the Fylde.

Would recommend it.
Went about 2 years ago and stayed in the Hotel which was of a good standard. Didn't use the leisure facilities.
Hi

I've requested it be added to the reviews section. In case you haven't already seen it, the website is HERE.

Pippy :D
If anyone would like to post a review, please do so HERE.

Many Thanks.

Pippy :D
I've stayed at the Manor House hotel at Ribby hall a few times when I've been to nearby Warton on business because it's a very good standard and you get a suite rather than just a room. The cottages and lodges look high quality too though I've never stayed in one. I've used the on-site swimming pool and tennis courts there and would say that it's a good place for a break. Wrea Green is also an attractive village with a large village green and of course you are close to Blackpool if that's your scene.
Wouldn't bother, its terrible, I had an awful time there.
I broke my back on holiday there, and they didn't want to know. So don't bother going. I would recommend you go to Centre Parks. If want to tell as many people as possible about my ordeal.
Nothing like centerparcs - more like a caravan park with chalets rather than caravans and a hotel. We stayed in the hotel three years ago, but didn't use any of the limited facilities.
Went here about three/four years ago. Mustn't have placed a hotel review but it has been the subject of an earlier thread.
You might want to try a search
Ribby Hall is expanding all the time, the leisure facilities are good, and some nice lakes etc there.

Lytham and St Annes are 10 mins away and Blackpool is only 15 mins away.

Plenty to do, just hope you get the weather, as Blackpool is miserable when its wet. So if yer coming in the next few days thatll be sound as its warm and sunny at the moment.
Do not bother ever going ro Ribbey Hall, they don't look after paying customers as long as they have your money thats all they care about. The facilities are basic, the onsite bars are expensive and if you have an accident like I did they will not want to know.
Just returned from my 3rd visit to Ribby Hall and have noticed a great deterioration. Stayed in a standard cottage this time and found that it was certainly not that clean. Bed linen was ripped also. Friend also stayed in one of the pine lodges which are beautiful and really spacious but again not the cleanest! Found the facilities good and really could not have faulted them. But reckon they will have to put some work into accommodation or I certainly won't go back!!!! Not the cheapest place to stay around Blackpool and the basic standard is for it to be clean!!!!!
It would be helpful to fellow holidaymakers if someone could take time to post a review of Ribby Hall. A review page was set up over a year ago in response to enquiries in this topic, but so far no one has obliged.

To submit a review of Ribby Hall, please click here.

David :wave
just back from staying for a week in october with my wife and two year old. A great place to relax and i will definitely be back. The cottage was nice. The facilities were excellent....good fishing..especially the swimming pool. People were polite and friendly. the only downside was the food....in the bar/grill and bistro the food was similar to a brewers fayre quality and not cheap. we tried the Nigel Smith restaraunt and found the food excellent. They had top quality kids food for £7.50...three courses. They also did an early dinner menu of three courses for £13 with restricted choices...we ate there for the rest of the holiday. great service and value. average cost of £50 for the three of us with drinks.
Kids will love this place...evening entertainment was excellent.

The weather could have been better....we will certainly be back in the summer.
My brother's been going here for a few years now, seems to like it, but then also seems to spend most of their time driving into Blackpool each day!!!!!

Each to their own, but we prefer picking a nice flat in a quieter spot in Blackpool during the week (mon-fri) and spending the spare cash on travel tickets to explore the area by tram and bus :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.