Tunisia Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tunisia.
Hi :wave:

If you enter Imperial Marhaba in the search facility at the top of the page you will find that there are several references to the hotel in different topics which might be of intrest to you :tup
Hi Jack bluebirds. We stayed at the Imperial Marhaba. If there is anything you are not sure of and would like to ask, please feel free to ask and I will try to help. Lovely hotel. :)
Hi Digby thanx for the reply.We are just curious as we have heard that there is still major work ongoing at the hotel !! also was wondering if they supply towels at beac/pool e.t.c Any other general information would be great,we are also keen to go on a camel ride when we are in Tunisia,many thanx !!
Hi Jack=bluebirds. Yes there is no shortage of pool towels available, If you take them back to reception every morning they will be exchanged for fresh ones. There are camel rides available in resort if you do not want to go to the desert, but the desert trip was definately the highlight of my holiday. I really have no idea if the place is still being refurbished but it was supposed to be ready by April. Sounds like it's going to be superb. I believe there's an extra 100 rooms being added. Have you seen the resort reviews and hotel reviews in the boxes at the top of the page? I hope someone who has been to the hotel recently can update you on the work progress,
Many Thanx Digby for your information,really looking forward to holiday now !! cheers !!
Hi all - we are going to the above mentioned hotel and resort at the end of August.
It is myself, my partner and our 2yr old daughter.
First - does anyone know anything about the hotel? Do we need to take towels etc? Will they have cows milk for my daughter at night?

Shall we take English currency and change it over there? Are there any good excursions? Where would be the best place to buy tobacco etc?

Sorry = long wided, just no idea what to expect. Am worried about it being too hot for my daughter and pretty much stressing over everything!
Thanks guys
Amanda
xxx
Welcome to HT Amanda :wave:

Firstly don't stress, we are here to help you and can give loads of advice.

If you have a read throught this topic you might find some answers and othes will be on to help, also take a look at these

Currency http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=144249

Cigarettes http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=144249

Take £sterling and change there as you will get a better exchange rate.

Graham
How did you get on then?? I need reassurance here!! xx
Hi mandmharris,
Tunisia has a closed currency which means you can only exchange your money when you get there.Most of the hotels will change it and all of them are the same rate ,as it fixed by the government,within a penny or two.
If you need to draw money out,there are plenty of atm's around.We used the one just through the entrance to the port,and had no bother at all.If you need to tip anyone before you have changed your money,i just gave them a £1 or 50p depending what it was for.I dont smoke so cant help you on that one,allthough i brought some back for my son,but i just bought them on the plane.If you go to a site called Tunisia.com and type in buying baby milk in Tunisia,ther are a few posts on there which might help.Dont know about the towel situation there as we stayed at the Maharba Palace,but we had to take our own beach towels there.It will be hot in August,but its just a case of being sensible really.We have been to much hotter places than Tunisia in August,and saw lots of very small children really enjoying themselves.Don't worry about it.Im sure you'll have a great holiday.
Just booked the Riu Imperial Marhaba, first time to Tunisia. Was wondering if the electricity voltage was the same as Europe? Any tips/advice would be appreciated :)
Electricity voltage is the same. You need adaptor for 2 pronged round pin plug as in Europe. You will find plenty of general advice on Tunisia here, including useful Tunisian Arabic phrases, though French is widely spoken and most speak good English. If you have any specific questions simply ask.
Thank you for the reply Aslemma, another quick question are mozzies a problem in July? :)
I have never been at the height of the summer but mozzies can often be a bit of a problem. No doubt someone will be able to advise on prevention but I always travel with Anthisan cream, which works fine for stopping the itch if you do get bitten.
Sorry another question was reading somewhere that bottled water is not supplied as part of the AI package, does anyone know if this is the case, thanks in advance :cheers
Hi Rosieluvshols. I stayed at the Riu Marhaba and when I was there we were able to get water any time we wanted it as I was A.I. Maybe things have changed, but when I was there I just went to the bar for a bottle anytime to take up to my room. I had a super holiday there so hope you have the same.
Thank you for the reply Digby am really looking forward to going :cheers
Firstly, How long is the walk to the Harbour from the hotel and is it well lit in the evening? Secondly can anyone supply me with a hitlist of restaurants at the Harbour.

Thanks All
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.