Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
We've been going to Turunc for the last few years, and one year we stayed in Rose Apartments. We couldn't fault the apartments for the price we paid, and the owners were very friendly, but to be honest we prefer Burak apartments. They are more spacious, and they are right in the middle of the resort, and less than 2 minutes walk to the front. We were there last Aug/Sept, and the price was £25 per apartment per night incl. aircon and safety deposit box. Saying this though, Rose apartments are not much further out, as it's quite a small resort.
Rose apartments are popular, although I haven't been inside one. I have been inside one of the Burak apartments and they are very spacious. I know people who go there regularly and love staying there. If your partner has mobility problems they couldn't be more central. The pool area is not very big, but the beach is just over the road.
thanks you Plumbud and Alfie for your replies regarding Rose Apts in Turunc. i contacted Burak apts and have booked a week with them. got good price on flights from Monarch and contacted JM travel in Turunc re transfers. so all done and ready for June. really looking forward to holiday. any recommendations for restaurants would be brilliant when you have time. thanks again for your advice jennyc
Hi Jenny,
Glad you got sorted. We're also going in June, on 21st. What date do you go? We've only booked flights up to now, but will definately be spending most of the holiday in Turunc, hopefully Burak if they still have a room available.
hi plumbud,
we are going on 7th june, just for a week. actually also just booked cheap week to Lanzarote (playa blanca) leaving next thursday. anything to get away from this cold winter :fly. wont be the same as Turkey but i dont care!!! :) anyway thanks again for advice, hope you have a good time too. booked transfer with jm travel, just had really nice email from june. everyone in Turunc sounds really friendly love jenny
I'm sure you'll have a good time. Some recommendations for restaurants are:
Bondjuk - this has been one of our favourites for years, especially the oven lamb which you order 24 hours before. Its cooked overnight very slowly and just melts in the mouth. You also get lots of trimmings with it so don't really need to order any starters, although we can't resist the 'Bondjuk salad' which they say is their secret recipe! We usually walk out of there hardly able to move!
Its on the road heading on the way out of the Turunc on the very first big bend. It should be OK for your partner to walk to,its not far at all from Burak. Its quite small and intimate with a lovely atmosphere and has a large following of people who have been going there years, so is usually quite busy.
Another good one is Korfez by the beach, which again is popular, but for a good reason. If you want a table looking out to sea its worth booking the day before. Fish and steak is good here, and you usually get nice vegetables to accompany your choice.
Last year for the first time we also had a great meal in a tiny family restaurant in the road that runs parallel with the main street, almost next to a restaurant called Pasha's. We thought it was only a pancake house, until we noticed a board advertising 'Casserole 4 hours notice'. We gave notice in the afternoon, you get a choice of chicken,lamb or meatball. It was one of our best meals of the holiday. They have beer and limited wine, but it was fine and extremely cheap!
Pasha's, the restaurant I mentioned above does a Monday brunch (market day), for 10TL each. This is a barbecue with a lovely selection of meze and salads - eat as much as you like. Well worth it!
Another one of our favourites from the last couple of years is Cinar which is just over the road from Burak, the service can be slow but the food is all freshly cooked, again very good and also unbelievably cheap.
I can honestly say we have never been disappointed in the food in Turunc, and the good restaurants are too numerous to mention them all, so whatever your taste I'm sure you'll find what you want.
Have a lovely time.
  • Edited by Alfie 2010-02-08 07:00:40
thanks Alfie for restaurant ideas, we will certainly give them a try xx
All the restaurants Alfie says and also Antik restaurant, run by a lovely Turkish family. Last year they started doing a BBQ night with Turkish dancers which was good, don't know if they'll carry on this summer.
Enjoy Lanzarote, it'll be nice to get away from the weather here!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.