Caribbean Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Caribbean
Hi,

Well we are off to the Rose Hall Hilton on 14th April - which one are you staying at??? There is more than one Rose Hall ....

The Hilton looks nice - although don't think the beach is brilliant - gets good reviews on Tripadvisor ....

Mark
Hi Mark

Sorry for the delay in replying as I have been in South Africa on business and have just got back, We are staying at the Rose hall Beach and travel on the 11th April for two weeks,looking on you tube the beach looks quite nice, anyway looking forward to it.

Cheers
Pete
;) ;)
Hi,

But which hotel - there is more than one Rose Hall .... I think there is the Hilton (where we are) and then I think there is the Iberostar ....

Trip advisor gives the Hilton good reviews, but also bad ones as well ... mind you nearly all the hotels in Jamaica are similar.

The hilton has a water park ... so if yours has that, then that is where you are.

Looking forward to it - never been to Jamaica!!

Mark
Hi Mark

There are three rose hall hotels all conected I beleive in the complex , the top rated is called the Grand I think, then the one you are staying in is a Hilton hotel then mine which is Rose hall beach an Ibreostar, If you are in the grand you can use any facility at any of the other two hotels including Food and drink a la carte etc,, I don't think we can eat or get drinks at the Grand unless we pay but can use the facilities, in any case I will be happy to sit and laze where I am, you never know we may see each other at the beach bar some time during your stay.

Happy hols
Pete
:sun2 :sun2
Be sure to visit the real Rose Hall when you are there. It is an old plantation house with a lot of history. It was a free trip from my hotel when I was over there, so I didn't expect much from it, but it's well worthwhile visiting.
I went to the Rose Hall Resort and Country club, its the one with a waterpark. Wasn't really a waterpark though, just had one slide but it was ok. The pool was good with the floats/rubber things. To be honest there wasn't much to do in Jamaica, there isn't many trips so you definately need this waterpark to make up for it and it breaks your day up from just going to the beach.

food was nice too, i ate outside a few times, there were no prawns on the menu and when i asked they got me some and it was beautiful. make sure you order fruit, you will get a shock! they brought it to the beach for me along with jerk chicken, the waiter poured some lovely cream over my fruit, was so attentive and the food was delicious.

Beach was lovely, very nice and the wake boarding was cool, very fast and scary!!

Dont expect the 'all american serice' though, the Jamaicans are chilled out and relaxed. When we arrived we went to the bar and the member of staff at the bar just carried on with what he was doing. Dont get me wrong, I dont expect y every beck and call to be attended to, my partner and I loved it, they are chilled out and nice friendly people. Just go with the flow!

Make sure you go on all the trips especially if you are there for 2 weeks. The parts of jamaica are all divided in to parish's, when you go on trips you go far out, through the 'sleepy town' through the 'rasta town'! its well funny!! your guide will explain everything to you!

one more thing, you cant wal round and you'll need to get a taxi to the shops, its only cheap anyway but to be honest its not even worth going to, just got mivered to buy crap and there was no decent shops, you will go to it anyway if you go on the trips.

have an amazing time, go with the flowand just enjoy it.

We went to Mexico last ear and i honeslty cant see what all the fuss is about we had just a gooda time in jamaica.

Rose Hall was a beautiful hotel, if i went back i'd stay thereagain.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.