Tunisia Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tunisia.
PEK - Royal Kenz
123 Posts
There is a small fitness room and a sauna but couldn't tell you exactly what it's like as never used it.
Came back from Royal Kenz 3 weeks ago, weve been to this Hotel 3 times now and will be going back again! We loved the hotel last year but theyve just had a refit, new furniture, decor etc, looks and feels fantastic. The table arrangements have changed from last year, sometimes when busy you will be given a "sitting" time for meals/and or you could be sitting with a couple of complete strangers, however if this would ruin your holiday, email Iberostar and they will ensure you get to sit alone.
I would like to hear from anyone who has stayed at this hotel recently and returned home to find items missing from their luggage.

Thanks
Hi all,

Heading to Royal Kenz, PEK, on 15 October. The good lady has asked me to ask if anyone can say whether there is a hairdryer in the bathroom ..... Have read the many reviews but for the life of me I can't remember if there was anything about a hairdryer.

Wilson :wink:
Hi, yes there was a hairdryer in the bathroom, only a small one but it worked ok :)
My girlfriend and I are planning to spend 2 weeks at the Royal Kenz in June/July 2007. I've read several reviews about having to share tables at breakfast and dinner and being given a set time to eat. How strict are they with these rules? Could we change our time slot for example if we were given the 6.30am breakfast slot (after all who gets up at 6.30 on holiday?) and can you request a table for 2 rather than sharing?. It's not that we're antisocial we just prefer to dine alone. Hope someone can help with my question who has been to the Royal Kenz recently. I look forward to your responses. Also do men have to wear long trousers for dinner. Thanx in advance
Can anyone shed any light on this.

I have read on the First Choice website that as from 1st May the Royal Kenz is no longer an Iberostar hotel but they do not say who has taken over. I have read however on another forum that RIU have taken over - anyone know if this is true?
the royal kenz was changing to a thomson gold hotel

*edit to restore normal font Briar
Hi woodward007,

Have you been to the Royal Kenz? if so do you have any info I may find interesting
Yes it used to be. When we were there a couple of years ago now it was then because thats who we went with and was allocated that hotel on arrival. :D
Ive just been working in tunisia and the royal kenz was one of the hotels i looked after.Its not going to be an iborstar property soon and there was
talk that it was going to be a Thomsons Gold property again,but apart from that its a fantastic hotel with an excellent entertainment programme
I am thinking of booking Royal Kenz for this winter on half board,does anyone know if you can swap your evening meal for lunch some days,it would be nice to eat out at some restaurants at the marina some evenings,we stayed at Maharba Palace last time and you could do that there.PEK.
My girlfriend and I are planning to spend 2 weeks at the Royal Kenz at the end of June 2007. I've read several reviews about having to share tables at breakfast and dinner and being given a set time to eat. How strict are they with these rules? Could we change our time slot for example if we were given the 6.30am breakfast slot (after all who gets up at 6.30 on holiday?) and can you request a table for 2 rather than sharing?. It's not that we're antisocial we just prefer to dine alone. Hope someone can help with my question who has been to the Royal Kenz recently. I look forward to your responses. Also do men have to wear long trousers for dinner? Thanx in advance
Yes you can request to change meal times just see the head waiter in the dining room. You can also ask for a table for two at the same time, he is very helpful and will do all he can if its possible. The food was very good when we were there in August/September. Take long trousers as they must be worn to dinner. Have a good time!!
Was at Royal Kenz November 2006.
We all had letters posted under our doors from the manager.
"This hotel is nolonger under Iberostar.
The hotel is under private ownership."
I must say this is the best hotel we have ever been to.
The food was second to none.
I cannot think of one compaint.
We go back in May.
Role on. :wave:
Sorry forgot...A bottle of red wine in the hotel will cost you about £7, If you go down to the Arched enterance to the marina, there is an offlicense at the end of the supermarket,on the right hand side, you can get the same wine for £1.50.
:tup
My partner and I have booked a week at the Royal Kenz in Tunisia at the beginning of August. Just wondered if any one could answer any of the following (we've not been to Tunisia before);

1) What weather should we expect?
2) Is topless sunbathing permitted?
3) Are long trousers and collared shirts generally expected for dinner in hotels/ restaurants etc?
4) Are drinks/ cigs expensive or dirt cheap?
5) Are there any reports of people getting loads of nasty insects or roaches in rooms etc?

Thanks in advance for any advice,

Rob, Staffs, England. :)
Hi Rob

I can answer some of these...

1) What weather should we expect? - blooming hot
2) Is topless sunbathing permitted? - nope - muslim country
3) Are long trousers and collared shirts generally expected for dinner in hotels/ restaurants etc? - really depends on the hotel, but I would have thought it may be at the Royal Kenz
4) Are drinks/ cigs expensive or dirt cheap? - cam't answer that one
5) Are there any reports of people getting loads of nasty insects or roaches in rooms etc?[b]never hear of this - we certainly didn't[b]

ps - there is a tunisia forum further down the list of forums, you'll get lots of info there

kev
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.