Tunisia Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tunisia.
has anyone come back recently and knows how the building work is progressing at the kenz? also what effects it is having on guests staying there?
thanks
sorry to be a nuisance - but has anybody got any info?
thanks
Someone has posted about this very recently on the tunisia tripadvisor forum.
Never been to Tunisia before and travelling with a 18 and 21 year old. Quite impressed with the Royal Kenz, but reviews suggest building work is a real problem. Anyone know if it will be finished by July 09.
  • Edited by David 2009-04-20 22:20:15
    Merged with exisiting topic, which contains some recent discussion about the building works
My parents are due to stay at this Hotel on 3rd June and would be grateful for any positive or negative feedback as to what this Hotel is like and whether it is closeby to all the amenities such as other Restaurants, Shops etc. :D or :cry , either post on the link or send me a Private Message.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Best Wishes
Laura xx (aka Beach Bum) :cheers
Hi Laura :wave:

Have you read the reviews - http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/reviews/tunisia/port-el-kantaoui/royal-kenz-hotel/

There is also quite a bit of recent info and also some info going back a few years on this existing topic - http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/reviews/tunisia/port-el-kantaoui/royal-kenz-hotel/

Also take a look at THIS for more info and pictures.

Graham :tup
Thank you for your reply I've had a look and all seems good with the place. Any more comments will be greatly received.

Best Wishes
Laura x :cheers :cheers :cheers
  • Edited by David 2009-05-11 18:37:08
    Today's posts merged with existing topic, which may contain some useful info and may also now attract further feedback from those who are subscribed to it.
i always go topless at this hotel, so do lots of other people, men wear long trousers for dinner but shorts any other time
  • Edited by pat123 2009-05-12 01:15:06
just how bad is it at the royal kenz, with the building work.does anyone know
Has anyone stayed at this hotel over the Christmas period, if so please can you tell me what's it's like.

Thanks
i am booked to go to this hotel last week of october , just received a letter from Thomson saying that the hotel is building a Thalasso spa to the side of the hotel , and that noise may be audible , also the indoor swimming pool gym, and sauna will be closed due to renovation , however guests can use the facilities of the adjacent hotel . Thomson will closely monitor the situation and database will be updated if there are any significant changes , they are also recommending that we contact the travel agent .
well to me they are significant changes , when hubby gets home from work i will telephone travel agent and see what exactly is going on , dont want to get there and be in the middle of a building site .
Has anyone been to this hotel recently and seen what exactly is going on .
we're going to the kenz 14/10 only booked yesterday.got an e-mail this morning from thomas cook about the building work and offering to change accomodation free of admin charge but would have to pay any price difference. checked on another forum that has new reviews and the general opinion is that the building work is not causing problems.so maybe the t/o are just covering themselves against complaints. we had a similar letter from thomsons when we were booked to go to bulgaria. our friends cancelled but we thought we would take a chance as it was just for a week,and there was no problems caused at all by building work. we had a great time. the trouble with changing hotels is that they nearly all have mixed reviews anyway so you're still taking a chance.
Bushbaby we were booked to go to The Kenz 25/10/09 , we booked this very early this year , friends of ours went in February and the building work was going on then . We also had mail recently telling us about the building work and that some facilities would not be available because of this , we were given the same options as you change hotel or cancel without loss of money paid . We chose to change hotel and now going to the Marhaba Palace, Thomson also honoured the difference in price whuich was a whopping £400 and more and also upgrade to a sea view. I'm sure you will have a great holiday at the Royal Kenz . were you told you could use the facilities of the hotel next door .we were
i dont think we got the offer to change without paying the price difference because it was a late booking. they haven't mentioned the facilities next door - do you mean the gym and indoor pool? its always worth giving thomascook a ring though. lets just hope the weather is still good!!
Yes, we were told the gym , spa and indoor swimming pool would not be available to use because of the building work , but we could use the facilities of the hotel next door . we chose to move hotel , because if the weather is not too good we would have used the indoor swimming pool . Will send you a pm
does anyone have an up to date e-mail for the royal kenz? there is one on here but i think it is for when they were an iberostar hotel and i believe they are no longer owned by them.
thanks
Hi bushbaby :wave:
This is from the hotel website so hopefully up to date royal.kenz@planet.tn

Hotel website - http://www.hotelroyalkenz.com/homeen.htm

Graham
thanks graham - i'll give it a try.
hi graham. i e-mailed the kenz at the address you posted and received a reply today!. very impressed. will be even more impressed if my room allocation request is allowed.
thanks again.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.