Tunisia Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tunisia.
Returned today from my first trip to Tunisia, was originally booked into the Kenz , but was given a choice to move because of renovation work , so we chose Marhaba Palace. Took a walk up to the Kenz and oh boy was it a walk , cant comment on the hotel at all , as we didn't go in , but there is a lot of work going on , with diggers and a lot of noise , it is also a long long way from anything , so there would be or could be quite a bit spent on taxi's back and for unless people are content to stay in the hotel . Also the views from the front of the hotel looked out onto fields , as i said i cant comment on the standard inside the hotel , but peope we spoke to did comment and were disappointed about the distance from the Port .
It does say how far it is from the port in the information about the hotel !.When the work is finished it will be popular again.Pity you didnt go in and have a look around,I loved this hotel and will go back,what made you choose it in the first place!! :que
I know a lot of people really love the Kenz but it is certainly a long way from the Port. I think it is always worth having a look at a map of the hotels to get an idea of where they are if you aren't sure. I hope you enjoyed your holiday Llindy and look forward to reading about it.
we stayed at the kenz for my 50th birthday 14th - 21st october. it was our first visit to tunisia and the hotel was absolutely lovely. i e-mailed and asked for 2 refurbished rooms together as our friends had booked after us, and told them it was my birthday. we had 2 groundfloor re-furb rooms next door to each other with a terrace and pool view. the rooms were excellant with bright decor,fridge and flatscreen tv.they were spotlessly clean.we never had a problem with dining times - went when we felt like it.had the same table and waiter for the stay. the food was excellant and i would say better than the 4* hilton sharks bay in egypt. drinks were very reasonable. we got a taxi into pek and sousse several times - and it was cheaper than a bus at home. loved sousse, pek was very nice too,but we all liked being out of it and having the choice to go into town. we intended to go out in the evening but found the hotel had a choice of bars and they were very busy with a good atmosphere. they had very good waiter service too. we would all go back to this hotel but go earlier for better weather. we were never bothered by the building work and we sat round the pool every morning,then went into town in the afternoon.we did walk to pek once and it is a long way, but we wernt in a hurry!
hi just seen your review, glad you enjoyed your hols.. we are so looking forward to PEK in late sept 2010, what are the buses like from the kenz hotel PEK to other places, we like walking but more of a stroll than a quick walk...we are both in our mid 50s. we have only ever been to majorca..and our first time abroad was 5yrs ago....
by the way were your rooms supirior or standard? we have only booked standard rooms, wonder if that does include fridge..
hi 4timesanan my husband is 55 and i'm 50 and we mananged the walk into the marina. it is a long walk but we took our time and looked in shops along the way. we booked standard rooms and requested refurbished ones and got them. they had a small fridge in them and you put your own drinks in. we went to the off licence in the marina - it is near the arch, there is a big supermarket right next door. a bottle of wine was from £2 and cans of heiniken about 75p.water at the hotel shop was very cheap. we had ground floor rooms overlooking the pool, numbers 40 and 42. if we return i would ask for these again.didnt get any buses. the taxi into the marina was 6dinar and 8dinar into sousse. ask at reception or the rep how much a taxi should cost and use that as a guide to haggle. they always say much higher when you ask, but usually call you back when you walk away. again ask at reception about buses - they were very helpful. let me know if theres any thing else i can tell you. like you we would like to go back next september for hopefully better weather. it was a bit overcast while we were there but not cold,
Hi, Im looking to book this hotel but we want AI. We can only find this hotel AI if we book a package through Thomsons but the Thomsons flight is awful times. Thomascook have a great flight but they can only offer HB and not AI. Does anyone know a tour op or website where I can get the Royal Kenz AI and I will book the Thomascook flights seperate.

thanks again
Apparantly here does it:- http://allinclusive-holiday.co.uk/holidays/tunisia/port_el_kantaoui/royal_kenz_hotel/

Have you tried FC :- http://www.firstchoice.co.uk/holidays/tunisia-holidays/port-el-kantaoui/hotel-royal-kenz/

Failing that try emailing them to see if you can upgrade to AI when you get there royal.kenz@planet.tn
thank you, I will have a look
:)

The problem with FC is that it is the same Thomsons Flight with the bad times we want to avoid.
First choice are offering AI at the Royal Kenz from May at 1p a day! That has to be worth having poor flight times. :tup
Hi, Jay Trip. I cannot get these prices anywhere, certainly not on the First Choice site.
I went into a First Choice travel shop yesterday and asked if the 1p offer could be added for March.
The agent said it was only available from May and she had booked quite a few people on this deal.
The website says it is but when you go to book there is over a £100 difference between HB and AI. Maybe if I pop into the shop as you can not book it at the HB plus 1p deal on the website :que
After wanting to go to Tunisia for years I finally booked yesterday. Staying at the Royal Kenz HB for a week at the end of May. We tried to get AI but the only way was to book through thomsons or FC and go on their awful night flight. So we opted for HB with Thomascook. Got a total bargain from Thomas cook through Direct holidays! :cheers
Does anyone know when the building works are due to be finished at the hotel? Also will all the rooms be refurbished by May or should I email requesting a refurbed room? It is my birthday while we are away also :cheers
:sun2 hi everyone, has anybody been to royal kenz recently
heard there is a load of building work going on, we are new to
tunisia so any info will be great.
cheers
ronnie1
we went to tunisia for the first time 14th - 21st oct 2009 and stayed here. it is a lovely hotel and we had no trouble with building work. the hotel is spotless, the staff were very friendly and the food was very good, especially the french a la carte.
travel agent contacted us by letter today to inform us of the building work and allowing us to change hotel, however we need to pay the extra. The letter worried me as the way it was worded states that building work can change rapidly and all they can do is tell us what they have been told :que

Anyone been out recently to the hotel?
The same happened to us last Oct , we were booked to stay here , had a letter from TA , telling us about building works , they gave us the option to either change hotel , change holiday altogether , and no fee , we opted to stay at the Marhaba Palace and they upgraded us to a sea view at no extra charge. we booked through Thomsons . The building work has been going on for a very very long time as friends were there in Feb 09 and the work was going on then . The Royal Kenz is a fair distance away from the harbour .
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.