Other Destinations Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in other destinations. Inc Brazil, Australia, New Zealand.
Hi I cant put photos on here I dont think I have them on my travel pod that I am doing though if any one wants to see them?
November 15th

Having a great time at my cousins......been shopping....relaxing by the pool...sight seeing......and tomorrow we have the wedding. I went to the Gold Coast (Surfers Paradise) yesterday it was hot hot hot. I would like to go back there again but spend about 4/5 nights there as there is a lot to do and see. I spent about an hour on the beach having a sun bathe which was really nice the sand is so white and the sea so blue.

Having a restful day today before the wedding tomorrow as that will be a busy, full and long day but a day I am really looking forward to.
November 15th

Ok I had to go to the doctors on Tuesday re my swollen ankle and rash....the doctor sent me for a SSC scan as he wanted to check and rule out DVT!!!!! Been for my scan today half it took and it is NOT DVT but I have got a swollen tendon a very badly swollen tendon. I am due back at the doctors in half an hour to see what he can do to help........TOUGH if he says rest your foot!!!!!! The scan cost an arm and a leg oh and a fully body but hopefully will get back on insurance. If not then it is peace of mind that it isn't DVT...now what would I have done if they said I cant fly!!!!! Get the slow boat home....well Ive always wanted to go on a cruise!!!!

My holidays are never straight forward always like a bit of drama!!!
November 16th

The day of the wedding and what a day it was. It was such a lovely service it was a magical day.
November 18th

Arrived in SUNNY Cairns this afternoon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well the sun is behind the clouds and RAIN!!!! Thought it was really funny when i went on the wardrobe to hang my clothes up at my hotel and there is a Cairns Hotel umbrella there for guest to use....are they trying t tell me something!!!!!!!!!

It is very hot and humid though and the hotel is so so nice and my room is brilliant got 2 sun loungers out on my balcony think they are trying to make me laugh!!!! Got my self a bottle of wine in the fridge and having a glass or 2 to relax.....I have unpacked and will go for a wander i think with the umbrella!!!!!
November 19th

Went on a trip today......the Dantree River. It was a really good day and went to loads of places. Saw some Crocodiles in the river or should I say on the river banks. Had some strange ice-cream!!! and had my first Barbie. It was a fabulous day and met some nice people on the trip.

Tomorrow Tuesday I am off on my cruise...please keep fingers crossed and any thing else so that the sea is calm and the sun shines!! I'm not as bothered about the sun but as long as we don't have any rough seas! The cyclone has turned the other way and is staying at the top of Australia so I am so so please about that!!!!

I wont get to fill in any more till Saturday as I doubt the boat will have Internet access!
November 21st

My oh my the cruise it was FANTASTIC in all ways!!!!!!!!! I cant say more than that, from the food, the cabin, the sun, the reefs, the other passengers to the crew. It has been the high light of my trip up to now in ALL ways!!! I snorkeled for the first time and went on 6 times each time to a different coral reef i was taken in each time by a member of staff even the captain took me in!! I had so so much fun, I even had to jump in off the boat.
It was MAGICAL
November 24th

Arrived back at hotel and went to the Flames of the Forest evening this was brilliant. I different kind of evening and the food was first class also free champagne and wine. Again another brilliant tour and evening.
November 25th

Been on a full day tour today and it was brilliant, the views where breath taking also drinking champagne while you where on the train was a nice touch"¦I did pay to be up graded to gold class but well worth it. The Sky rail was really good seeing the rain forest from up above and the views again where breath taking. Plus the sun has been out all day it was brilliant!
Wow!! sounds like you're having loads of fun Gill. I'm enjoying it so far, keep them coming.
November 30th

I arrived back at my cousins on Monday and extended my stay as the weather in Bondi Beach was Rain and Rain so didn't Fancy a beach on a rainy day so canceled hotel and stayed a few more days with my cousin. which has been wonderful. I leave tomorrow which will be a very very sad day but I know I WILL be back again and not 12 years time like the last time.

I fly at 1.30pm tomorrow so it will be tears at about 12o'clock.
December 4th

Arrived in Sydney a few days later as I found out weather was terrible so didn't fancy having a few days on the beach in the rain, so went back to Cairns where it was hot and sunny and I got a great tan!!

The hotel is FAB over looking the Harbour...I'm sitting here just now with balcony doors open sun pouring in on me and looking out over the harbour.

I have an action packed few days ahead of me and its all FAB!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm NOT coming back!!!!!!! Going to extend my holiday for another month or 2!!!!
5th
December 5th

What a day I've had walk up to rain (again!!!) its following me I'm sure!!! Went on the Sky Walk it was brilliant and some amazing views of the city.

I went for a walk round the city got some great views of the Opera House and Bridge.

I was at the Opera House this evening for the Ballet The Nutcracker WOW what a show it was it was amazing (for the females the prince ballet dancer what tights he had!!!!) and to be also inside the Opera House......I had a FANTASTIC day and a SUPER evening.

When will it all end!!!!
6th
December 6th

Had a fantastic day at the Blue Mountains the sun came out as well some of the view where really good and saw the 3 sisters and some wonderful waterfalls!!!! Well the water falls would be good with the amount of rain that has fallen since i have been here!!!!

We had breakfast at a kangaroo place and a kangaroo took a fancy to my leg see photo!!! Also had lunch in a haunted pub...can you see the Ghost in the 4th chair??

Went on the Sky Rail and the Train and boy what a train ride it was at a 46 degree angle going up a cliff side!!!!

I then got back just in time to change for my dinner cruise which again was fabulous though I did have to ask to be moved to a different table to women sat at the table next to me complained as soon as she sat down and didn't stop!!

It was a wonderful day yet again.
7th
December 7th

Been on a Hunter Winery Tour today and boy was it good tried loads of wines!!!!! Again a brilliant day and came through a large thunder storm on the way back so large that it took us 3 hours to get back to the hotel as streets where closed with flooding etc etc!! Boy do I have adventures!!!!!

Went out for a meal this evening and took some night shots of the Opera house etc and when I was there there was a fire work display which was great and a lovely surprise!!!!

Off to Ayers Rock n the morning not sure if I will have Internet access there or not so if not you'll next hear from me on Monday in Singapore......I DON'T WANT TO COME BACK TO THE COLD!!!!!!!!!
Sounds as though you are having a great trip, enjoy the rest of it. I know how you feel about not wanting to leave, I would have loved to have stayed another few weeks at the end of my last trip down under, but you have got Singapore to look forward to.
HI Gillsmudge

I am so happy this trip has been so good for you as you did so much planing to get it the way you wanted it be .
Have a safe trip home and come again some time

All the best Chubby
8th
8th December

Sitting at Sydney airport waiting for my flight to Ayers Rock flight is at 9.50am and land at 11.25am...surely it wont be raining when I get there if it is I think they will deport me from Australia!!!!

Ive arrived and guess what it isn't raining...though the captain did say on take off that a few showers where expected!!!!

It isn't too hot about 34 which is fine for me with clouds and the occasional sun poking through.

Hotel room is fabulous.......cant believe the size..........and hey prices ar'nt too bad for drinks!!! Had a walk about to the shopping center....washed some clothes (free use of washer I've got clean clothes now!!!) and had half an hour in the sun. my room looks over the pool and I am on the 3rd floor so I have a great view.

Off on a CAMEL!!!!!! Sunset tour this evening so will have some reports on that when I get back!!!!

WOW WOW WOW

What a laugh....a camel ride through the desert to see the sunset...didn't get much of a sunset but the camel ride was so much fun. Much better than getting a coach to see the sunset that didn't really happen!!!!

Rain well I missed it last night...they had the worst thunder storm they have had for years!!!! Sound of Silence diner was canceled, sunset tours where canceled and fire brigade was called to another hotel Desert Gardens as water was coming in through the light fittings in the roof!!!! I am sure Ive just heard a tour guise at the hotel say we need to get buses on stand by as there is a storm coming!!! ill let you know tomorrow if I heard right...I'm meant to be up at 4am tomorrow for a sunrise tour.

I would like to have about another 3 days here as there is so much more I would like to see with out having to cram everything..would be nice to do it more relaxing..like a lie in in the mornings!!!
OK in New York I had to out my clock 5 hours head of the UK...then in LA I had to turn it on another 3 hours making it 8 hours ahead of the UK...then cam Brisbane I then had to out my clock on 18 hours......then in Sydney I had to out my clock on a hour....then in Ayers Rock I had to out my clock back 1.5 hours.......not got a clue what I need to do when I get to Singapore...and then back in the UK....wont have a clue what time ill be on then!!!!!!!!!!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.