Other Destinations Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in other destinations. Inc Brazil, Australia, New Zealand.
9th
57 Posts
It's really interesting reading your day by day accounts - thanks for keeping us updated. :D

Kath x
9th
9th December

Wow what a night and a fun night eating in the rain and chocking and having to have my back slapped to get the food out that was stuck n my throat!!!!

But hey we did get to see the stars after the rain cleared...

It was so funny when we sat down we where given our sop and a rain coat!!!

I did try all the foods kangaroo, crocodile the lot.

And drank a few too many champagne and wines!! Ended up in bar of hotel drinking till gone midnight with a few people I met on the dinner.
10th December

Sitting in hotel foyer waiting for coach to go to airport for my flight to Perth and from Perth on to Singapore I will arrive in Singapore at 20.45 there time this evening.

Sad to be leaving Australia and i wish I could have extended the holiday...i don't feel I have been away for 6 weeks....think its because I've had the internet to keep in contact with everyone and my mobile.
11th December

My room what a view!!!!! and what a room and all the benefits. I'm on the club pacific floor..level 26 and between 5.30pm and 7.30pm it is cocktails and snacks in the private lounge on my floor. I got a bit drunk on champagne at 6pm!!!!!! Well it is free also had caviar!!!!! Wow the freebies on this floor!!!

Went to my room and they had put some sweets on my bed, drew my automatic blind, put a sort of towel on the floor and a pair of slippers for me.

Got news papers this morning they where hanging on my door in a black canvas bag.

Sitting now in the private lounge having chocolates and tea!!!!

Bought my self a present this evening of a video camera...well i haven't bought my self any thing on this trip so thought I'd treat myself it is a good one got loads of extras ie bag, extra batteries, about 9 discs etc etc and with the exchange rate it was a good price...well I'm pleased with it any way...will have to do the trip again to use my new video camera!!!!!
Oh i went on a city tour this afternoon that was great even more great when the heaven opened and I got drenched!!!! But the sun was out this morning and I went on a taxi boat ride!!!
12th December

Was going to go to Sentosa by cable car today but it was RAINING never seen the stuff before didn't know what it was had to ask reception what this water was falling from the sky!!!

I went to Orchard road but to be honest it was like a very busy Oxford Street in London or Northumberland Street in Newcastle so gave up on that and headed to China town.......that was great I just wandered where ever I felt like or where ever looked interesting and there where some very interesting streets and alleys to wander through it was great.

I then came back to hotel for afternoon chocolates and tea!!!! ha ha ha

This evening I went on a Night Safari...oh forgot had a glass of champagne at hotel before I left!!!!

The night safari was great just a pity you could only take photos with NO flash....ever tried taking photos with no flash in the dark!!!n They had a fire show also which was so cool.

Came back to hotel was greeted at reception and asked if I would like a glass of wine before heading to bed......of course i said yes please!!!!

All in all a great day was had even with the rain! getting used to it now!!!

Forgot to add this evening I have a little bag of smelly things for my suitcase left on my bed when they came in to turn my duvet down!!!
13th December

Woke up to sun and blue sky this morning...so I headed to Sentosa Island.....I got the cable car over to the Island...what a place could have spent the day there, beaches, walks etc etc. I also got a sky car on the island and I have never hung on as much i never thought i was afraid of heights!!!

I went up into the Lions mouth and then head!!!!

Then this afternoon I went for High Tea at the famous raffles Hotel...cost a fortune but hey it had to be done and I'm stuffed!!!

Have been invited to a cocktail evening given from the management team, so going to that for a few hours this evening...more champagne and entrees!!!!

Walked to Orchard road this evening after cocktails and boy what Christmas lights i will do a bus ride down the road tomorrow night it will be more impressive.

Oh I walked 3 times round the fountain of wealth so ill be winning the lottery this weekend so no need for anyone else to put it on!!!!

Another GREAT day.
14th December

My last night in Singapore.......woke up to sunshine again!!!!!! Yipeeeeeeee.....went on the hippo bus and went to the Orchard House in the Gardens it was so so lovely...took some great photos....next I went back to China Town and had some Chinese food in a street cafe...and yeah it was different but nice!!!

Went back on the bus and did the full tour it was nice to just sit back and watch the world go by.

came back to the hotel and went to the pool for an hour or so I thought!!!! after about 20 minutes the dark clouds came and the rain started and boy did it start....I was stuck under an sun umbrella for about 20 minutes before I made a dash for it......all good fun though and got some photos...now the sun is out and I'm drinking champagne AGAIN before heading off for the evening to see the Christmas lights.
14th December

My last night in Singapore and I went out this evening to see the Christmas lights on Orchard Road they where very nice worth the visit.
15th December

Sitting at Singapore airport waiting for my flight to London.

Its been a good day the sun shone so had some sunbathing for a few hours thern the rain started again!!!

Arrive in the UK at 5am!!! Hope I sleep on the flight!!
16th December

Arrived London about 7am an hour and a half sat on plane at Singapore!!! Then took over an hour to get through in Heathrow now waiting for connecting flight

Well I've done it I've joined the round the world club and done the full circle!!!!

Thank you all for joining me on my travels.
Many many thanks for your postings Gill. The time just seemed to fly by.

luci :wave
You will have a lot of lovely memories to look back on. I can't believe you are back already! have a nice Christmas :D
Oh Gill, i have thoroughly enjoyed yoyr posts i have been following them carefully.

I myself am going on a trip of a lifetime next year, working 9 weeks in the US then travelling around the USA with hopefully friends i shall make when i am out there.
Your adventure sounded amazing

What was the highlight and lowlights of your trip?

Emma x
Hi,

Low lights having to leave!!! I want to do it all again but over say 5/6 months using my cousins in Brisbane as a base. But staying in small guest houses this time!!!

Gill x
I've really enjoyed your postings Gill, I wanted to save the last few up so I could read them together. It sounds like you've had a fabulous time, I'm so jealous!! I'll bet you're really enjoying being back in the cold North East :shock:
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm NO not enjoying being back I cant get used to the cold...having had 7 weeks living in shorts day and NIGHT!!!

Gill x
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.