Other Destinations Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in other destinations. Inc Brazil, Australia, New Zealand.
I'm nowhere, yet!!!! Still at home, sitting at my PC, daydreaming about my RTW trip and trying to plan all the details that need to be taken care of before I depart. Already had to change a few places and flights as my cousin Nicki is to be married when I am in Australia so have changed flights, hotel and cruise so I can attend the wedding in Brisbane on the 16th November, this has made the trip even more exciting. Also booking and planning my day trips for when I get to each city, I decided I wanted to get these sorted and booked before I arrived then I don't have to spend a day in each city trying to arrange trips etc

I'm so excited about this trip of a life time, it could be classed as an up-market back-packers trip!!!! It will be a little nerve-raking getting onto that first flight at Newcastle International Airport for the start of this trip on my own to the other side of the world, but on the other hand I am excited and really looking forward to it.

I know the experience will be amazing, and I can't wait to get out there!
ooh Gill - I'm looking forward to reading this, it sounds as if it'll be a wonderful trip.
hi gill, i stayed at the belvedere in new york - its in the perfect location - just round the corner from times square - you'll love it :)
wow
Wow thats good to hear its nice to know I have choosen a good hotel especially with it being my first one on my trip!!

Gill x
Monday 29th Oct leave Newcastle 0630 arrive New York 1310
Hotel Belvedere New York
Tuesday 30th Oct Party Shuttle day & evening tour + Empire State
Wednesday 31st Oct Theatre Evening, Grease
Thursday 1st Nov

Friday 2nd Nov train to Madison, Connecticut
Jane & Jon's
Saturday 3rd Nov
Sunday 4th Nov

Monday 5th Nov leave Jane & Jon's early morning by train
leave New York 1600 arrive Los Angeles 1915
Hotel Hilton Beverly Hills
Tuesday 6th Nov All Day LA tour
Wednesday 7th Nov Venice beach and Rodeo Drive

Wednesday 7th Nov leave Los Angeles 2355 arrive Brisbane 0745 Friday 9th Nov
Cousin Nickie's
Saturday 10th Nov
Sunday11th Nov
Monday 12th Nov
Tuesday 13th Nov
Wednesday 14th Nov
Thursday 15th Nov
Friday 16th Nov WEDDING
Saturday 17th Nov

Sunday 18th Nov leave Brisbane 0945 arrive Cairns 1205
Hotel Cairns
Monday 19th Nov Daintree - Cape Tribulation tour

Tuesday 20th Nov leave 4pm for cruise
Coral Princess Cruise
Wednesday 21st Nov
Thursday 22nd Nov
Friday 23rd Nov

Saturday 24th Nov arrive back 8am
Hotel Cairns
Saturday 24th Nov Flames Forest Evening Dinner
Sunday 25th Nov Kuranda Rail, Skyrail and Tjapukai tour

Monday 26th Nov leave Cairns 1245 arrive Brisbane 1455

Cousin Nickie'sTuesday 27th Nov
Wednesday 28th Nov

Thursday 29th Nov leave Brisbane 1100 arrive Sydney 1330
Hotel Swiss Grand Bondi
Friday 30th Nov

Saturday 1st Dec bus to Sydney
Hotel 4 Points By Sheraton at Darling Harbour
Saturday 1st Dec Hop on Hop off Bus
Sunday 2nd Dec Hop on Hop off Bus
Monday 3rd Dec Hunter Valley Wine & Wilderness tour
Tuesday 4th Dec Blue Mountains tour
Wednesday 5th Dec Sky Walk & Ballet at Opera House
Thursday 6th Dec Hop on Hop off Cruise & Majestic Evening Dinner Cruise
Friday 7th Dec

Saturday 8th Dec leave Sydney 0950 arrive Ayres Rock 1145
Hotel Sails in the Desert,
Saturday 8th Dec Sunset Tour
Sunday 9th Dec Sunrise Camel tour, Sounds of Silence Evening Dinner

Monday 10th Dec leave Ayres Rock 1145 arrive Singapore 2045
Hotel Pan Pacific
Tuesday 11th Dec Half Day City Tour
Wednesday 12th Dec Night Safari and Dinner
Thursday 13th Dec Sentosa
Friday 14th Dec
Saturday 15th Dec leave Singapore 2325 arrive Newcastle 1050 Sunday 16th Dec
WOW
October 29th
Wow Wow and Wow!!! arrived at hotel at about 3pm unpacked sort of!!! Then went out with map in hand!!! Found Macy's hence photo...one for you Laura!! This place is just unreal I cant believe I'm here it is juts like the movies and things you see on TV. You just need to be here to realise what it is like....this is a place I WILL come back to. Hotel the Belvedere is lovely too....been out for a steak tonight it was LOVELY!!!! Oh and for the Slimming World lot I was on a RED day!!! Don't know what the wine (2 glasses) and the (chocolate Mouse cake comes under!!!!!!!) More in the next few days!!!
October 29th
Well my feet have never walked so much!!!!

Yesterday Tuesday i was on a day tour and a night tour of the city it was amazing.....took in ALL the sights...Empire State building.....Statue of Liberty....manhattan sky line......Brooklyn Bridge......the list goes on so so much to see and saw so much..........Ground Zero was ok but not much to see but the most special place of GZ was the little church just across the road from where the Twin Towers stood it was so moving being in the church seeing how people helped and what went on in the church for the 8 months that followed. Not a window was broken in this church which is amazing when you see how close it was to the twin Towers.

Today Wednesday I have been to the Empire State building got there for 8.30am to miss the queues!!!! The views were out of this world. then went to Central Park to walk round out of the hussle and bussle of the buildings....came across a film crew (oh forgot yeserday they where filming Sex in The City near to New York City Library!!! back to today it was a pop video by someone!!! Sorry not up on my pop stars!!! But hey got a photo of him so maybe someone knows who he is!!! Well i had to see someone famous!! Now im back at my hotel going to see a Broadway musical tonight Grease then going to the Top of The Rock after to get a look at the city at night.

Im still amazed at this city....this has been a brillant start to my world trip and if my first city is any thing to go by then I am in for one great trip!!! (oh think ill hav eto dump my suitcase and buy another one, as I cant fit any things in that I have bought!!!) oh dear!!!!!
October 31st
Well my feet have never walked so much!!!!

Yesterday Tuesday i was on a day tour and a night tour of the city it was amazing.....took in ALL the sights...Empire State building.....Statue of Liberty....manhattan sky line......Brooklyn Bridge......the list goes on so so much to see and saw so much..........Ground Zero was ok but not much to see but the most special place of GZ was the little church just across the road from where the Twin Towers stood it was so moving being in the church seeing how people helped and what went on in the church for the 8 months that followed. Not a window was broken in this church which is amazing when you see how close it was to the twin Towers.

Today Wednesday I have been to the Empire State building got there for 8.30am to miss the queues!!!! The views were out of this world. then went to Central Park to walk round out of the hussle and bussle of the buildings....came across a film crew (oh forgot yeserday they where filming Sex in The City near to New York City Library!!! back to today it was a pop video by someone!!! Sorry not up on my pop stars!!! But hey got a photo of him so maybe someone knows who he is!!! Well i had to see someone famous!! Now im back at my hotel going to see a Broadway musical tonight Grease then going to the Top of The Rock after to get a look at the city at night.

Im still amazed at this city....this has been a brillant start to my world trip and if my first city is any thing to go by then I am in for one great trip!!! (oh think ill have to dump my suitcase and buy another one, as I cant fit any things in that I have bought!!!) oh dear!!!!!
so the long awaited trip has started. And it seems to have got off to a flying start(excuse the pun :lol: ). I hope the rest of your trip is as good :D
Excellent start to your trip report! Hope you have a wonderful time. Will catch up on the rest of it when I get back from Vegas.

luci :wave
hope you have the most fantastic time, excellent report so far, brings back a lot of memories. :P
take care.
Right I am hooked Gill :wink
Sitting here waiting on the next instalement :hyper
November 1st
Last night I went to my first Broadway show I went to see Grease and it was Brilliant.

This morning I went to get my ticket for my train tomorrow to New Haven CT, I had to go to Grand Central Station and what a place it is...it is so big...wouldnt like to be there during rush hour!!! Next I went sight seeing again!! Oh that was after getting a bandage for my swollen ankle...think it is with all the walking!!!! I went on the subway for my first time it was a lot easier to manage than I thought it would be!! I went down to Wall Street which is an amazing place.......then I just made my way back up to the hotel that took about 2 hours!!! (Walking!!)

At 5pm I headed for Brooklyn Bridge to walk across to the other side to get a view of the sky line at night..it was well worth the walk...the view was breath taking.....I then went to Times Square...Oh I forgot I went to Times Square this afternoon and saw the naked cowboy!!!!! See photo.

I may not get back on after this evening till Monday/Tuesday with visiting friends.
November 2nd
Today i am off to stay with the family I used to Nanny for in Gosforth UK, I also lived in North Carolina with them for about 9 months when they moved over to the States. It will be weird seeing them again as the kids are now 14 and 16 and when I left they where about 6 and 8, maybe a little younger. The train journey should be good as it goes along the side of the Hudson River so really looking forward to that a little different from flying. Ill get to see some of the country side.
November 4th
Last day with Jane, Jon, Andrew and Katherine I have had a Brilliant and fantastic few days

THANK YOU Jane, Jon, Andrew and Katherine

We had a bonfire night tonight and some friends of Jane and Jon's came over so that was nice as well. It has been so lovely to see everyone again after 8 years!! 'BOY' have Andrew and Katherine grown up, but grown up into 2 of the most fantastic, kind and lovely kids. Its a pleasure to say I was their nanny for 5 years from January 1992 to December 1996.

I have had a lovely relaxing time which is nice after the hustle and bussle of New York.

It will be an early start tomorrow (Monday) train, then cab, then train again then finally a plane to LA.
November 5th
Arrived in LA.......I meant to say I have had some hair raising journeys!!!! My flight from London to New York on my first day....the cabin crew started coming round the cabin where I was sitting as they could smell like a BBQ smell...they started to open all the over head cupboards to check all was OK this was nearly towards the end of the flight so I was pleased at that!!! Next was today I was on the 8am train from New Haven to New York and we had to get off the train as it caught fire!!!!! They first moved everyone from the carriage where the problem was underneath the carriage....then they where giving us a running commentary what they where doing ie we have put the flames out!!!!! Just what you want to hear when your on the train!!!
But never mind arrived at hotel and it is LOVELY think I need a ladder to climb into the bed!!!
November 7th
Well what can I say...not as WOW as New York but WOW in a different way. Had a day tour of Hollywood, Venice beach, Santa Monica etc yesterday.

Went to the Ivy restaurant last night (didn't see any stars!!!).

Went to Rodeo Drive but going back today to spend a little longer there, might see a star or two if I spend a little longer...ill just watch for the people with sunglasses on and baseball caps...thats an idea I could do that this morning and people may think im a star!!!!!!!
Yesterday when we where there a limo pulled up blacked out windows we got ready with our cameras and it ended up being a bunch of tourists getting out!!!! But hey we had a laugh about it.

Going back to Hollywood today to spend a little more time there. That place is amazing, what with people dressed up on the streets...got my photo taken with Elvis!!!!

Venice beach is something else it is a long street on the edge of the shore full of little stalls and people selling all sorts of things...even a lady playing a grand piano!!!

I leave LA tonight for my flight to Australia.
NOVEMBER 9th
Arrived at 8am....well my watch said 8am my mind and body say WHAT TIME IS IT NOW!!!! My feet are like little puddings..it was a long long flight but a good flight got about 3 hours solid sleep them dozed on and off after then. Watch 3 films, 2 comedy shows and 3 sight seeing videos of places I'm going to...oh and had supper and breakfast!!!

Weather is cloudy but hey Ive been sitting out by the pool at my cousin Nickie's place and the sun came out and boy was it hot. Oh and just found out my cousin is pregnant (5 months) again which is really good news. Got loads of things on this weekend and next week.....hair dressers (for wedding, no not mine!!), having a meal out tomorrow night (Saturday), going to South Bank on Sunday in Brisbane city......shopping on Monday.....meeting my other cousin Donna, she is coming down from further up Queensland, I'm going to the Gold Coast on Wednesday will try and star spot re I'm a Celebrity Get me Out of Here, as they do the show there and Ive found the hotel they stop in!!!! Then it is the BIG day on Friday.

I'm having so so much fun and next year I have decided I am going to do the West Coast of America but only 3 weeks!!!!
Good on you for making to our shores I hope you see lots and make use of sun screan as that sun can burn you .
All the best down under.
chubby
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.