Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
Good News
190 Posts
Just returned from Helios Bay Hotel.
It's ok for kids and evenings too. No problem with insects.
Pool getting too cold, stick to the warm sea. Beach is great. But you'll have to pay for sun loungers and only pay for umbrella if you put it up! He comes around midday. Not enough foam cushions on the beach.
Pleanty of sun loungers around the pool. Staff ignore requests to stop the Germans from puting their towels out early.
Would rather go to Varna than Burgas. You can get the bus from the top of the 'village' around 1130am to Varna and costs only around 5 lev one way each. Last bus/minibus leaves Varna around 1830.
Weather was still in the high 20's.
Only Jet ski boats for hire off the beach. Sometimes when calm, banana boat towed by jet ski.

Barry
Just a few questions...

What drinks are included in the All Inclusive?
Im a fan of Malibu. I dont suppose thats included but is it available there to buy of should i take my own bottle?

Any excursion recommendations?

whats the weather like there at the moment? anyone know?

thanks
Did not see Malibu there but on AI all the usual ones, and some good cocktails. I like Malibu but I drank brandy and coke which I enjoyed just as much. The AI menu was very good, so I dont think you will miss Malibu much. (It could have been on the pay menu, but why pay when you can drink as much as you like on AI) :D
hi myself and family are going in june next year....i hear that you have to pay for the sunbeds on the beach, is this correct? if so how much are they charging?
also what is the local drink, is it raki? as i love the stuff. is duty free best bought at bougas airport or can you find it cheaper in the towns?

i know i've asked this before, but would love get some info on superior family rooms, as gone blind on it, and cant get any info what i get.

many thanks to all who help on this great site :D
sorry forgot to ask, has anybody got any holiday pics they would share of this hotel?

bye for now 8)
Im in Rui Helios now in the computer room, just killing abit of time before we head back to england later tonight.

I have taken hundreds of photos. Give me a day or two to get settled and ill gladly share them with you.

Its a lovely hotel, your'll love it.

Cheryl
hi cheryl. we got home early wed morning, must av been there same time. hotel was great, shame about the weather. our last night was gud, we all got up on the karokee alice! was the song of the night! were you there? would go back to the hotel but needs a good 20years on the resort .not alot to do out of the hotel.anybody else who is going you will need to take whatever you may need with you ,as the small shop has not got alot of variety in it. plus its not that reasonable either.luckily we went with friends as with the weather being bad at least we could enjoy a few drinks in the evening,once the kids were settled.we paid for a sitter one night,it was heaven. hope this is of some use to you. michelle.
Hiya Michelle.

Yeah we were there Friday to Friday so were there at the same time. Yeah shame the weather wasnt the best the beginning of the week Unfortunately you missed Thursday and friday as they were both lovely and warm!
Weve only been hope half a day and already im missing the lovely food! All that choice! Not sure how im going to cope with my little lunch when its back to work on monday!

We missed the Karoke on wednesday as we had a busy day the next day so had an early night. Sounds like it was good though.
Did you do any excursions?

Cheryl
:D hiya cheryl. what! we missed 2 sunny days! oh no. never mind. we didnt do any excursions as we had our 2 children with us. lia is 4 and ben is nearly 6months so we had to plan most things round his feeds. we did catch a local bus to sunny beach for the day. we went away with friends. we caught a taxi back tho as the buses were not that frequent.i would prob stay ay sunny beach if we ever went back to bulgaria. more for the kids to do there. tho i did begrudge having to pay to go to the loo. ha ha. yeh my maternity leave has finished now so back to work thurs for me.could do with a holiday! ha! thanx for repling. take care. michelle.
hello everyone...myself and family have booked to go to this hotel in june, and were wondering if anyone else has visited, and give there opinions on it, also we have 2 year old, who will need nappies, can they be bought in walking distance of this hotel, or do we fill a suitcase with nappies.
look forward to your comments, and i have lots more questions to ask.[/b]

EDIT: Merged with existing 8 page thread, which may hopefully provide some useful advice.
David HT Mod
Whats included in a/i drinks it will be like the rest of the all inclusives and will include locally produced spirits and beers all international spirits like (Bacardi, scotch, and probably malibu) will be available if paid for
looking foward to hearing this hotel is doing while its had winter to get over its problems last year....cant wait to hear comments before i go in 7 weeks
Hi,
My wife and I spent two weeks at this hotel last Sept 05. It was very good food and help yourself to wine and beer on tap in the resturant. They had two sittings which we changed later.
If anyone would like to send me thier email address, I will email back some photos of the Hotel and surrounding area.
The Khan Night was the best night. Well worth the money.
The Hotels being built near by should be completed by now. We were told that the Germans would be using the new Hotel this year, leaving more sun beds by the pool for us Brits.
They have a 'rule' no towels on sun beds before 0800, but this was ignored by the Germans. So we had to claim ours around 0740hrs. Best place to sunbath is nearest the beach, as the shadow of the Hotel comes round later.
The Jet Skies cost about £10 for 10 mins.
Barry Stevenson
Edit
email address removed for security.
Fiona ht mod
can someone please confirm that there is a tv lounge at this hotel, as we are there while the world cup is on, and watching footie with all inclusive beer sounds like heaven.....hoping someone comes back with yes there is.

cheers
'TV lounge' is an alien concept in Bulgaria, but I hazard a guess that football haters won't be able to avoid the world cup at this hotel, nor in any bar in Bulgaria for the duration.

Fear ye not!

Peter
cheers peter......sounds like i will be happy there :bow [/b]
We are going to this hotel for a week on 30/5/06, has anyone been this year yet? is the hotel as good as most of the 2005 reviews please?
Anyone else going at the same time?
hi kimbo

i am going on the 16th of june for 2 weeks.....so i would love to hear your comments on this hotel when you get back.

hope you have a nice time
Thanks, yes we'll let you know
I only found this site yesterday, it's great and full of useful info. Yep there are some negative comments about the hotel but the majority seem to be positive. We're keeping an open mind, we reckon we've paid a fair price
£1100 for a family of 4 all inc, incl flight meals, seats together the lot and during school hols too - if its as good as they reckon then we'll be well happy, if not then watch this space....
We were wondering about the beach, cos alot of people said it was shingly and sharp so the kids needed beach shoes but then others said they found the beach ok ??
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.