Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
rui helios bay
190 Posts
We've just returned from Helios Palace on Saturday 1st July(there for 2 weeks). This is the best hotel i've stopped in.Sunny beach is a very nice resort also as for money we took 600 pounds and brought 100 pounds back and to be honest we wasted most of it.You should have a great time as even IF you get sick of the food and drink in hotel there are plenty of cheap places near hotel (1lev a pint) to go
Thank you ,i am really looking forward to holiday we are going tomorrow morning for 2 weeks , thats great as we are taking around £500.00 and was wondering if this was enough.I will check out all the reports on the hotel.
Thanks again...
have a great holiday Gail! :D
We are a family of eight arriving in september :D cant wait.
can anyone help, is there a bank or atm (pref inside a bank) nearby to the hotel or in obzor and can you bring leva back to the uk to exchange back to pounds?
Don't know about the locations of ATMs, but yes you can bring leva back if you so wish. We normally run them down at the end to just enough to buy a few beers when we return the following year.

Peter
Hi Irene,

I can't help on the Obzor questions, but you can import or export up to 8,000 Leva without any need to declare it - see Bulgarian Customs information.

I can't really see why you would want to bring Leva back, just to change it back to Sterling at a lower rate - if you just change enough in the last couple of days of your holiday, to cover what you want to do, you shouldn't have any to bring back.

Baldur
We are just back from the helios bay in obzor and had a fantastic time ,if anyone would like information about hotel or town just let me know....
Glad you enjoyed it Gail, and thanks for doing a review of the hotel.

Peter
Has anyone returned from this hotel in the last week and has the 'bug' gone away?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.