UK and Ireland Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the UK and Ireland.
We've stayed there once, it was a very nice hotel. On the way out, we had a lovely room clean and comfortable. I'm not 100% sure of this, but I'm sure it was at this hotel that they have rooms round the back in a little courtyard. On our return we stayed the night, they put us in one of these rooms at the back. The shower was cold and the bed was horrendous, all the springs were poking out of the mattress. We went to complain, they apologized but said there was nothing they could do as they didn't have another room to pus us in. I just wonder whether anybody else has had this experience, whether they keep these not so good rooms for when your about to leave :que :que
We stayed here about 4 years ago and the room was Ok,Clean but quite small but nothing special.I dont think breakfast was included.We had to leave before breakfast was served.
Hi Vickie

We stayed in a Premier Inn last October it was part of a package with Thorpe Park, it also does stay and fly packages.Our breakfast was great ,we had a double room,it would sleep 4 and I booked a twin room for my 15yr old and his mate ,they had 2 double beds.The rooms were very clean and comfortable.I think the parking is off-site but just behind the hotel carpark,you park the car yourself so presumably keep your keys,which is something we look for now,last time we left the car at a " secure site" it was parked for us and when we checked it in daylight on our return found it had been damaged.The hotel was on Bath Road,hope this helps.T.
Hi we have stayed here twice & would have done so again this year, if there was a room available. We didn't have any problems, and they even sorted us out a room as we arrived back at 7am. The shuttle to the airport was great. I think it was every 15 mins - you booked your time the night before. There was also a bus going into the next village, which had a few pubs which served food. OK it's not the Ritz, but with the prices they charge, I think it's good value for money.
Many thanksfor all of your relpys, most appreciated, i was a little panicked as the family we are going with have already booked it then i read some reveiws on another site and they were talking about burnt out cars, and other horrendous things you have put my mind at rest.
hi vickie
we stayed here for the night about 4 yrs ago and it was ok clean and tidy and good shuttle service to airport.

the last 3 yrs though we have opted for the gatwick worth which i feel is twice as good and cheaper.

hope this helps you. :tup
Hi Madasharley,
:offtop
we have opted for the gatwick worth which i feel is twice as good and cheaper.

We're staying here for the first time this August after getting a good deal with them. Any tips you can give us e.g. is it close to any bars or restaurants or will we have to stay put. Thanks
We stayed at the Russ Hill and found it to be ok for a one nighter before flying off from Gatwick but wouldn't want to stay an longer. room was clean but basic.
We couldn't use the shuttle bus as we had to leave too early in the morning (about 4am) so had to get a taxi.
The price was good for one night and 2 weeks parking included.

If your friends are staying there then I would book it, your holiday starts a day early then
glad i am hearing good reports as i have read some quite scary reveiws
Only just seen this

We stayed at The Russ Hill before flying to Cyprus in Late February this year.

Absolutely nothing we could complain about - apart from some inconsiderate guests with a child in the next room (and the hotel can't control that). £59 for a nights accommodation and 8 days parking - no-one else was anywhere near on price.

Just one thing we got wrong - don't forget to buy your transfer bus ticket from the machine in the hotel foyer (on your return the driver will take your fare).

Dave
****update****

We have recently booked here for a room on our return from Turkey - we actually paid a lower price phoning the hotel direct than we could get on the Internet.

We phoned because we wanted to make sure it was OK to park before stay. For 15 nights parking with a one night stay £85 (we informed them that we didn't land until 12-45am and that didn't seem to be a problem to them)

Dave
Gosh the price has gone up, I paid £56 for 1 night including 2 weeks parking. Though not taking a car now as I have wangled myself a lift!!!
vicjayhay

If you think that is expensive - have a look at everyone else's prices :que

Dave
I no some of them are extortionate, I no this hotel is no frills but it is only one night and will suit my familys needs, bargain really!!!. Happy holidays ;) .
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.