Travel News

A place to discuss news related to the travel industry
TOTALLY AGREE WITH RYANAIR.SOMETHING HAS TO BE DONE TO STOP FOLK TRAVELLING WITH SO CALLED, CABIN SIZED CASES. WE WENT WITH JET 2, WHO, LIKE RYANAIR, ALLOW YOU 10KG HAND LUGGAGE. WELL SOME OF THE SIZES OF THE "HAND LUGGAGE" WAS RIDICULOUS. THEIR "CABIN CASES" TOOK UP SO MUCH ROOM IN THE OVERHEAD LOCKER, THERE WAS NO ROOM FOR MANY OTHER FOLKS HAND LUGGAGE. IF YOU WERE BOARDING EARLY, YOU COULD GET SPACE IN THE OVERHEAD LOCKERS,. IF LATER, OUT OF LUCK, AS NO ROOM IN LOCKERS.AND I NOTICED THAT SOME OF THE SO CALLED CABIN SIZED CASES WOULD KEEP YOU GOING FOR THE WEEK YOU WERE ON HOLIDAY. COME ON HOLIDAYMAKERS, HAVE SOME CONSIDERATION FOR OTHER FELLOW PASSENGERS. SHARE THE OVERHEAD LOCKERS.
So in real words they mean we will be patrolling the gates and if your bag is 1cm too big then it's in the hold and £50 please:) ,

First of all its if you don't pay to select seat , we WILL seat you in middle seats and seperate rows , and now the bag wardens will be out with tape measures ?? I guess it's all part of the " always getting better " :D
in a strange kind of way , I admire the way Ryanair work , it's really very black and white , in that you've bought a cheap ticket , don't expect anything else . Other airlines don't like to " upset " passengers and it just means passengers then take the mick . A while ago though O'Leary did reveal that they ( Ryanair ) were
" unnecessarily pi$$ing people off " and needed to stop doing it , I reckon that O'Leary has been having too many lunches with Kenny Jacobs recently and reminding him that a leopard can't change its spots .

Terry , I'm not sure if you're an angry Ryanair passenger, or if your CAPS LOCK key is stuck ? lol , but in principle I do agree with you
Hi there Andy 66.

i am not an angry Ryanair passenger (have only flew with them once), I like to type in capitals....it gets noticed better..lol....but you are right about Ryanair. dinnae think i be flying with them anytime soon.
I think you are right though Terry that passengers should have consideration for their fellow passengers and we should all stick to the rules too .
Ryanair do emphasise their rules / t&c s , I feel that other airlines don't always seem to regarding hand baggage and that the cabin crew want to avoid any confrontation unless they really have to .
After a reluctance for quite a few years to fly with Ryanair I've found that they have now become my airline of choice for flights of up to three hours, especially to the the UK and over the last 3-4 years I've been taking 8-10 flights each year with them. I've noticed that they have become (apart for the middle seat fiasco) a lot friendlier. They have a generous cabin bag allowance, one of the few budget airlines
that do allow two cabin bags but passengers are abusing this, many taking bags much bigger than the allowed sizes, some even taking three bags and the staff are allowing it. It does upset many passengers when others though are allowed to flout the rules.
When flying anywhere I can usually quite happily manage for up to a week with just cabin bags and have no problem with others who only want to travel with cabin luggage as long as they obey the rules.

I will be interested to see if the staff do enforce the rules on my next flight with the Airline.
As I've said before we only take cabin bags for however long we holiday as we go private S/C & always ensure there's a washing machine.

We often fly Ryanair & strictly adhere to their cabin baggage rules, weighing cases, using straps to ensure bags will fit into the cage etc. Tbh I'm too scared not to comply! 😱

We take cabin only luggage as we don't want to wait in a check in queue nor hang around waiting at the carousel for both legs of our journey. So to make doubly sure our bags stay with us we book priority seats.

We've wondered why we fretted about being a kilo over, or our case looking a bit large then, been bludgeoned by someone resembling a Shirpa on an expedition, forcing their way down the aisle with not a care in the world.
Your talk of Sherpas reminded me of my flight back from Greece in May, Glynis. Seems to be the fashion to use large backpacks instead of cases these days, no problem, I remember doing the same when my back was young and strong but I was surprised to see a quite a few taken into the cabin , they were far larger than the published cabin bag size, almost totally filling up the overhead storage and it was really difficult to fit my small case in, in fact I had to go roaming up and down the plane looking for a space.
Wonder when Ryanair changed from being the airline that checked the dimensions and weight of every case with a magnifying glass and weighing scales to being so free and easy, or is it just the flights from Germany/Greece ?
Not sure Judith, but we've never had ours weighed or checked. I have, however, seen a couple of videos of girls unpacking their cases & putting on loads of clothes as they were over the weight limit 😁
Never happened to me either Glynis, though I didn't use Ryanair in its early days but I do remember the newspapers being full of stories about people having to leave the contents of their suitcases behind because of being overweight or cabin bags being slightly too big and passengers having to pay large sums for the case to go in the hold.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.