Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
jc1,

Around rows 9-12 and the last one.

Darren
That's what I feared Darren.

I've selected seats 10a/b and 11a/b on the inbound flight and only realised after booking that it could be windowless.

Thankfully I've still to book the outbound.

I've searched YouTube all night in the hope there will be a video of the cabin and I could see what rows to avoid.

I have two young daughters on the flight and like most kids, they love looking out the windows.

Quite surprised SeatGuru etc have no mention (unless I missed it) of these seats.....
Managed to get a prompt reply from Ryanair via their customer service team on Twitter - according to them the rows to avoid are 12 and 14.

We'll see!
Probably not so good news for Glasgow Prestwick but Ryanair will operate sectors to and from Stansted and Dublin from Glasgow International plus selected Polish destinations during winter. Not that inspiring really from a Glasgow point of view..some other destinations might have been seen more favourable by some passengers. As I pass through that airport a number of times I hope the introduction of Ryanair does not cause additional delays at security and that they use the pier used by Easyjet and stay away from BA!!
Love them or loathe them, however they must be doing something right.

Ryanair has announced a first-quarter profit of £156m, up 152% over the previous year, with an increase in the average fares as they rose by 9% and traffic was up 4% year-on-year for the three months to June 30.

Passenger numbers grew to 24.3m as load factors rose by 4% to 96%.
I think to be honest if you follow their rules you are always alright.

The main problem seems to be when people don't accept and follow their rules that's when they come and have a huge rant on a forum.

People who don't like their rules still seem to book with them anyway, and then just go ahead and moan, because they have to print out a boarding pass whilst on holiday etc - it's hardly the end of the world.

My response to that is they knew the somewhat draconian terms and conditions anyway but still went ahead and booked because they were cheap.

As you have posted they must be doing something right as they are mega successful financially, they get lots of repeaters, so they must be happy with what they get at the price they get it.
Kiltman , they are very impressive results .... But I find myself actually agreeing with something MOL has said :yikes Talking about the results he cautioned against " irrational exuberance " :) I suppose it makes a nice change from calling passengers fec*in stupid ;) turning over that new leaf must have helped ??

To put the figures into context this year includes the Easter holidays and he ( MOL ) does point out this fact .
The good start to the year means that the estimate / forecast of profits for the year should be attained and probably towards the higher end of the forecast , so in all reality they are doing as well as they expect to do , there hasn't been an upsurge in passengers and profit due to the improved image it is now portraying , but it has made steady progress and has revealed IMO that these changes and more customer friendly policies had to be done . In the end it had looked at Easyjets growth in the last couple of years and copied them , and lost some of its " nasty " attitude with saying things like recession is good and constantly rubbishing other airlines ,

It seems to me that they have re focused and realise that they have a very good product that is very popular but people were starting to use competitors because of their negative image , but it looks like they have managed to reverse that situation .
doe wrote:

The main problem seems to be when people don't accept and follow their rules that's when they come and have a huge rant on a forum.

People who don't like their rules still seem to book with them anyway, and then just go ahead and moan, because they have to print out a boarding pass whilst on holiday etc - it's hardly the end of the world.

My response to that is they knew the somewhat draconian terms and conditions anyway but still went ahead and booked because they were cheap.

As you have posted they must be doing something right as they are mega successful financially, they get lots of repeaters, so they must be happy with what they get at the price they get it.

I think printing off a boarding card on holiday is kind of the end of the world if like us you don't feel the need to be connected to the rest of the world 24/7 and don't carry a printer around with you!
Hi De Hi wrote:
I think printing off a boarding card on holiday is kind of the end of the world if like us you don't feel the need to be connected to the rest of the world 24/7 and don't carry a printer around with you!

Use their mobile app, but most hotels/apartments will print boarding passes, or there are often internet cafes (unless you really out in the sticks).

There is always the option of prebooking seats just for the inbound flight, and then you can check in 30 days prior.
Hi De Hi wrote:
doe wrote:

Simple. Don't use them then. You don't have to it's not compulsory to book with Ryanair.

Some self employed people can't afford to 'disconnect from the rest of the world' for two weeks - well not if they want to eat. Lucky for those that can which presumably includes yourself. However it doesn't mean we carry a printer around with us 24/7 !
I think the bone of contention here is that Ryanair reduced the checkin time from 15 days to 7 , it's main competitors here easyjet and jet2 have checkin from 30 days and 28 days respectively , I can understand passengers feeling that 7 days leaves some in a situation where they have to find an Internet cafe etc to checkin and print , it's not the end of the world but its a bit of hassle , of course you can now do mobile checkin , which is a relatively new way but gaining popularity and will most likely be the only way in the future , the good news is the app is free ( they actually used to charge for it !!! ) :( and it can be used for all their flights ....nearly !! I think that Ryanair are " always getting better " as they like to put it , but would honestly say nearly getting better , there is always a niggling point that seems to provide upset or criticism and I think it would be quite easy for them to avoid this .

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/article-2691793/Ryanair-launches-app-stores-boarding-passes-smartphone-youll-charged-15-euros-run-battery.html
Most airlines only allow check in 24 hours prior, so now they have an app for boarding passes I really don't see the problem. Whenever an airline sets check in deadlines they'll always not suit everyone. People that were away for more than 15 days flying Ryanair always had the boarding pass problem previously, and no app, but they seemed to manage. I wish more budget and charter airlines would have an app for boarding passes. Paper ones are not necessary in this day and age.
But many of the airlines that only allow 24hrs prior check in also allow airport check in free of charge so no problems with having to find a printer/ computer.. Not everybody has a modern mobile that can be used and you can only check in one passenger per phone.
You're absolutely correct , the airline of my choice only has 24 hour check in , but then I have already been able to book my seat for free when initially booking , I don't have to print off a boarding pass as I can stroll up to the dedicated checkin desk and be issued a card perhaps quicker than my printer can do it , but I do now use the app , but if I was to drop my mobile in the pool or lose it etc etc etc i would still be ok

The point I was making was that Ryanair has made some improvements and sensible changes which came about because MOL said we have to stop pi$$ing people off unnecessarily and then cut the checkin time from 15 days to 7 .. What was the point of that ? Isn't that doing something unnecessarily that will pi$$ people off !!!
Yes we can see the nice new shiny app , and I'm sure a lot of people like it and find it useful , but get it up and going build up its use and then cut the checkin time , it's about encouraging people to change rather than forcing them , we all now checkin online ( mainly ) and bag drop , but it wasn't like that a few years ago , it was a change to improve efficiency and now is widely accepted .

Edit , my initial point too Judith , I do have a modern phone , it's blue !! But I'll be damned if I know how to work it :D I tap too lightly !!! And press send at the wrong time !!
I love the assumption that everyone who flies has a smart phone which enables apps. Does it not occur to anyone that even in this day and age not everyone actually has one of these and, strange though it may seem, some people don't even have a mobile phone (shock horror). Mind you, the airlines probably don't want these fuddy-duddies as they're the sort of people who might bring their own sandwiches rather than buying the over-priced rubbish they sell you on board.
Aslemma :tup

Like Andy I have a pretty modern phone but apart from the occasional text and sending/receiving calls I have yet to work out how to work it. I suspect there are many like me.

Oh and my phone is red.
doe wrote:
Hi De Hi wrote:
doe wrote:

Simple. Don't use them then. You don't have to it's not compulsory to book with Ryanair.

Some self employed people can't afford to 'disconnect from the rest of the world' for two weeks - well not if they want to eat. Lucky for those that can which presumably includes yourself. However it doesn't mean we carry a printer around with us 24/7 !

Our two sons and their families are flying out to us in Spain next week. Younger son flying with Monarch has been able to carry out online check in for both the outward and inward flight. Older son flying with Ryanair (and paying more) can only check in for outward flight. Now he is more techie savvy than me and will have his smartphone with him. However the Villa does not have wifi so if he wants to check in for the flight back he shall have to find an internet cafe or something. It just seems that Ryanair are being a bit arsey by not allowing their paying customers to be able to do both check ins at the same time.

How did self employed people manage to cope before the invention of 24/7 worldwide instant communication? They are called 'Holidays' for a reason.
I really don't understand why they changed the system from 15 days before check-in down to 7 days, 15 days allowed you to complete both before going on an average 14 night holiday :que
I suspect they changed it just so they could make more money out of their customers. I travel solo to the UK fairly frequently with Ryanair, I've never booked a seat in the past as I really don't mind where I sit. But on an upcoming flight I will fall under the 7 day rule and as I am staying in the UK with elderly relatives who don't own computers I have booked my seats so as to not have to search out somewhere with a printer. So Ryanair have received 10 euros more from me than I would have paid previously. No big deal, but how many others will be doing the same as me. Quite a little money spinner.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.