Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Do you know if you don't book your seats going out.....can you then book seats for coming back
have ryanair stopped ripping off the bottom of the boarding passes ? just printed one and the 'tear along here' wasnt on it.
I flew with them this afternoon and they didn't rip of the bottom, just scanned the boarding pass and handed it back whole.
thanks judith,

We came back last night from tenerife and no ripping just a scan and the complete boarding pass handed back.

TFS1
flying to Tenerife with Ryanair in 3 weeks....Just looking at their inflight magazine and they don't appear to be selling any tobacco or spirits......can anyone tell me if they do still sell them
we fly Ryanair on a regular basis to/from mainland spain and tenerife and never seen duty free spirits on Ryanair flights.

Suggest you either buy at the airport before you fly - only 1 litre a person remember ! (so you can have a few when you arrive at the resort) or if you can wait, when you arrive in Tenerife find a local outlet called 'Spanish Style' and go their for discounted spirits - if thats what you are after. They sell cigs but as a non smoker cant help regarding prices.

Famous Grouse whiskey 1litre was a couple of weeks ago €9.99.

Can help with directions if you are staying in Los Cristianos
Thank you TFS1 for your reply to my question......Have flown with Ryanair many times but never outside the EU hence my question re Duty free.......I'm a non smoker too but have been asked to bring back tobacco for my daughter......I will probably get my spirits at the airport and maybe at resort too depending on how much of it we drink lol......we are staying at Las Piramidies in PDLA
Have a great time - we are also out later this month but staying in Los Cristianos (hence knowing where the local Spanish Style shop is).

As you probably know you need to take care with getting cigs - some dodgy outlets advertise their prices but fail to tell you that it doesnt include the 7% IGIC (VAT) and you only find out after you left and redo the maths to see things weren't as cheap as you thought.

Hope the sun shines and enjoy !

TFS1
Travelling with Ryanair from Stansted for the first time - with hand luggage only - anything I should be aware of please?
JeanM,

Ryanair are very strict with hand luggage. Just make sure you stay within the limits and you'll be fine. It will be checked at the boarding gate and any bags found to be over will be charged for and be placed in the hold. Other than that, enjoy your flights!

Darren
l can either wait to get our seats 7 days before our flights or pay for a seat of our choice if available..
is there anyway l can look what seats are available without paying if i click onto paying for a seat..
if i do not see any seats l would like , can l come out of this and wait for a seat they give us or do l have to carry on and pay for a seat,,, i dont want to muck up my check in booking...
ray316,

If you do a dummy booking for your flights and choose to select your seats, you can see what is currently allocated.

Darren
Just back from Alicante on Ryanair. Nobody looked at our hand luggage or weighed the cases/backpacks. We had 3 Matalan hand luggage cases at almost 10kg each (full of daughter's clothes from her year at Alicante Uni) and a bulging backpack each. Last trip they offered to put the hand luggage cases into the hold for free. I can't speak for other airports but in all the times we have flown back and forth with Ryanair nobody has so much as glanced at our hand luggage.
Ryanair virgin here. Just booked for a week in Poland in October. Price seemed very good, only taking carry on luggage. Decided to reserve seats so to avoid any scrums.
Dazbo HT Mod wrote:
JeanM,

Ryanair are very strict with hand luggage. Just make sure you stay within the limits and you'll be fine. It will be checked at the boarding gate and any bags found to be over will be charged for and be placed in the hold. Other than that, enjoy your flights!

Darren

Their website has FAQs which detail hand luggage dimensions and weight. It also says that only 90 bags will be allowed in the cabin, so I assume if you are not in the first 90 to check in with a bag then yours goes in the hold at no charge. Only drawbacks I can see to that is 1) The bag might not get loaded leaving you with no clothes and 2) instead of walking straight off you have to wait at a carousel for your bags. It says that in addition to a case you are also allowed a second small bag (presumably for the ladies).
Yes that's why I prefer Ryanair as you get to take 2 pieces of luggage into the cabin. Our second bags were heavy rucksacks and nobody so much as glanced at them. Lucky maybe? Anyway no more flying back and forth now that daughter is back in the UK permanently (much to her annoyance )
Hi De Hi wrote:
Ryanair virgin here. Just booked for a week in Poland in October. Price seemed very good, only taking carry on luggage. Decided to reserve seats so to avoid any scrums.

There are no scrums. Everyone has an allocated seat.

They only guarantee that the first 90 bags will go in the cabin. After that they are put in the hold free of charge (provided they are within size and weight limits. If they're not they will charge you to gate check it as hold luggage). It's got nothing to do with when you check in. It's the first 90 boarding.

If it's gate checked there is very little danger of it not arriving. It's simply taken straight from the gate and put straight into the hold.

You can take a small second bag no bigger than 35 x 20 x 20 cm (there is no weight limit, just size) so if you take a handbag as well as a piece of hand luggage you cannot them have a bag containing anything bought air side. That would have to go in your hand luggage, and it would still have to weigh under 10kg.

It's no different to Easyjet, Jet2, Monarch etc. You get to carry 2 bags on the aircraft.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.