Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Pity no more destination from Leeds/Bradford maybe because Jet2 fly to so many destinations from there.
Got the 2p flight again and fly on Tuesday the 8th Jan for 6 nights to Dublin. They have added extra costs etc like check in at the Airport and you can not check in on line if you have baggage!

Sue
will i be able to pick up luggage labels at the airport
Susan

if you have your flight details you can go to the blue banner at the top of this page ,,click HOLIDAY TOOLS and prepare/print your own HOLIDAY TRUTHS LUGGAGE LABELS

wizard
dont think i have got enough ink to print them
Ryanair have a BOGOF offer for travel during January and February ... click here for details and conditions.

David :wave
Ryanair unveils major expansion at Birmingham

Ryanair will fly 20 routes from Birmingham Airport from April using two Boeing 737-800 aircraft.

It is starting flights to five destinations in France, five in Italy, three in Poland, two in Spain, and one each in Denmark, Norway, Portugal, Slovakia, and Sweden.

The airline said this will be followed by a further eight Boeing 737-800 aircraft.

The newly annunced routes, start dates, frequency per week, and lead-in return fares, inlcluding taxes, are as follows:

Biarritz 1 July, three times, £24
Billund 17 June, three times, £24
Bologna 20 June, twice £24
Bratislava 1 July, three times £24
Bydgoszcz 4 July, twice £24
Dinard 17 June, three times £24
Gdansk 1 July, three times £24
Olbia 4 July, twice £24
Oslo 17 June, three times £24
Perpignan 2 July, twice £24
Pisa 4 April, three times £24
Poitiers 17 June, three times £24
Porto 20 June, twice £24
Stockholm 2 July, four times £24
Trieste 18 June, twice £24
Reus 18 June, four times £24
Rzeszow 18 June, twice £24
Trapani 2 July, twice £24

In addition, the airline has already unveiled new flights to Barcelona starting on April 1, with fares from £24.

Ryanair chief executive Michael O'Leary said: "The people of Birmingham have been woefully underserved and overcharged by British Airways and Flybe's high fares for years.

"Ryanair's new base will smash this high fare stranglehold by delivering savings of £130m next year for Birmingham's passengers/visitors.

"This route count will more than double as a result of Ryanair's $700m investment in Birmingham, bringing with it a significant increase in European visitors and jobs for the West Midlands.

To celebrate the launch, Ryanair is offering passengers who buy a return flight on any route from Birmingham (before midnight on Thursday) a free bonus flight, (no taxes, no fees and no charges*) for travel in February to Dublin or Shannon from Birmingham.

With permission from Travelmole
Ryanair hikes check-in fees

Ryanair has increased checked-in baggage and airport check-in fees for all new bookings.

The airline said the move is part of its "continued drive to encourage passengers to travel without checked in bags and avail of Ryanair's free of charge online check in on-line".

From yesterday, Ryanair's checked in baggage fee increased from £5 to £6 per bag and the airport check-in fee will increase from £2 to £3.

Ryanair's Peter Sherrard said: "These will not be the last increases in Ryanair's checked in baggage or airport check in fees, which will continue to increase over time until we reach our objective of persuading at least 50% of all Ryanair passengers to travel with hand luggage only, use our free web check-in service and avoid airport check-in queues.

"This will in turn allow us to reduce the number airport check-in desks that we rent and the handling staff we employ so that we can continue to pass on these handling savings in the form of Europe's guaranteed lowest fares."

With permission from Travelmole
Looks like hubby and I will be using Rail & Sail deal that Irish Ferries do for trips to my parents. Last time we used Ryan Air was back in May 07 for going over for our Nieces Christening.
According to a report in The Sunday Times. Ryanair will be shutting down their website from Feb 16th to 18th whilst a new reservation system is put in place

During that time it will not be possible to make any bookings.

Details can be found here.

http://travel.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/travel/news/article3333714.ece

fwh
On their website they say "From 22:00 hrs on the 22nd February until 23:00hrs on the 25th February".

they also say the Internet and reservation centre will be affected which I take to mean that there will be no telephone service either.

What they do not mention is online check-in, I think anyone planning to use it either weekend would be advised to ask now.
It is interesting that the dates differ from the newspaper report.

They are having to do this to comply with an Office of Fair Trading order to display ALL prices inclusive of taxes and charges.

fwh
REMINDER

As already mentioned, the Ryanair reservations system will close from 2200hrs on Friday 22nd February until 2300hrs on Monday 25th February, whilst a new computer system is put in place.

Reservations, alterations, cancellations, etc., will not be possible during this period, either online or via call centres.

Online check-in will not be possible either from 0100hrs on Friday 22nd February until 2300hrs on Monday 25th February.

Before the current system shuts down, half a million seats have been released for sale at £10 return including taxes, to be booked before midnight Thursday 21st February, for travel during March and April (conditions apply).

anyone know if ryanair are still doing winter flights from liverpool john lennon airport to tenerife south. :sun2
Advance Warning - another 1p Seat Sale

The Ryanair reservations system is scheduled to re-open at 2300hrs on Monday after some essential upgrades.

On Tuesday morning, 1 million seats are to be made available at 1p each way including taxes and airport charges.

I am patiently waiting to see if they are flying to Tenerife from East Midlands, it is perhaps a bit early yet but let's hope they continue

Dave :(
Well the new site is up :(
What a pain it is now trying to find the cheapest flights :cry
They have gone live with it ahead of schedule, but there are definitely some technical problems. Perhaps the new system is just swamped with users who have been waiting all weekend to check availability.

I see that the 1p flights are due to go on sale at midday today - hope the system doesn't crash! :gluck
hasnt crashed,but might as well have,very slow
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.