Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Ryanair
6 Posts
The budget airlines leave so little time for turn arounds, that all there is time for, is a quick walk thru picking up big bits of rubbish eg newspapers -absolutely no chance of hoovering to remove hair or food crumbs etc
Hi brewerdave,

I understand your point but I could not just understand why you would not keep clean a brand new plane. Its madness. I would love to know what their aim is in keeping the planes in the air in terms of man hours per week etc.

MS
I don't know if it is still the case or not but but I understood that unlike most airlines Ryanair no longer employ cleaners for their aircraft between flghts and instead added cleaning the cabin to the duties of cabin crew! But what truly disgusts me is the rubbish just strewn everywhere by other passengers - do they just stick their chewing gum to the nearest piece of furniture in their own homes? Or chuck the newspapers and empty drinks cans etc on their lounge floor for somebody else to clear up etc? I couldn't believe the state of the Thomas Cook aircraft as we were disembarkng on my last flight, despite the fact that the cabin crew regularly came round with bin bags to collect rubbish.
@SMA -Agree totally - our last flight with Thomson ,we were virtually last off - and some of the rows looked like a bin bag had been emptied on the floor! Can't blame kids because it was a flight during term time.
No excuse but sometimes the crew don't come round for a long time after a meal/drinks service and people just drop the sandwich wrappers and plastic bottles on the floor so that they can use the space for their I Pads !!!!
The bloke next to us on a flight from Malaga in May just threw his sandwich wrapper and his coffee cup on the floor.
He also blew his nose and put his dirty hankie in the pocket.
i told him the crew were coming round with a rubbish sack but it fell on deaf ears.
i warned the crew about the snotty hankie but they said the plane would be cleaned by cleaners.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.