Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Sad to be home..
13 Posts
sorry to hear about all the hastle with the plane mate. sounds like the rest of the holiday went ok. Are Ganesh and family doing well ? Ive missed the place. Cant wait to get these weddings out of the way so I can get back. Is the same crowd still going to Ganesh Shack ? This might seem like a daft question but has Steve actually caught a fish yet ?
BBN
Glad to hear you eventually had a great holiday Spike. :tup

So sorry to hear about your nasty delay though. :(
Cheers Glynis.

Hi Alan, yeah been good crowd again, same faces. Ganesh ok, Santosh looking a lot better than last year, still not 100% though.
Sudhas shack have built (extended) backwards to prevent Ganesh putting a mat down to his place. Me and Dee got stuck in the middle of a massive fight on the road up from beach, couldn't move so just had to watch. Victors place isn't connected to water supply so he gets it from the well, other stall owners not happy about his usage, so it was sticks,fists and plenty of slapping. One in hospital and given 3 days to pull through with a bad head wound, heard he is ok now, all over a hosepipe and well...
Ha ha about Steve, only fished a couple of times, as it was too rough every day - not a nibble either.
Speak soon mate.
Spike
It sounds like TC really mis-managed the delay.

How hard can it be to order a replacement window for a A330? :que

And to tell you it was OK to leave things on the plane beggars belief!

I thought the new terminal at Dabolim was looking pretty tatty considering it had only been open a week. It's obviously been opened before it's finished, bare wires hanging out of walls, panels missing, there's a 'lip' between the tiled floors and carpet in Departures - I saw several people stumble over it.
The Ladies toilets were pretty nasty and smelly, OH said the Gents was 'disgusting'.

They didn't use the air bridge for our flight, they bussed us to the plane, not sure why.
I read on another forum that the air bridges don't fit the Thomson Dreamliner.

Glad you had a good holiday.
I am certainly looking forward to just chilling out on the beach and shacks and good food at night. Unfortunately we arrive about 5pm on the 9th so I think OH will not be drinking beer for a couple of days!
Don't you find you just can't summon up the "get up and go" to do much exploring? I usually go out and about on all my holidays apart from Goa
Hi PPC, agree with you about the shabbiness of the new terminal, why they can't get things right the 1st time is a head scratcher. One thing I didn't mention in my write up was the embarkation forms you fill in on the plane on arrival, everyone filled these but on entering the terminal they were taken off us and a new smaller version handed out, on our return flight these were not needed (should scrap them all together) Other half also said the ladies loo wasn't good and half of the mens urinals are visible to a good crowd sat in the lounge area :yikes Things can only get better..

Fiona - have to say that the last few years for us as been exactly that, lazy and doing little. Had a good few hours in Panjim with 2 mates and did our usual ramble around the city but once it got to 11am it was way way too hot so we hit the usual watering holes.
Hope you have a great time :sun2 .

half of the mens urinals are visible to a good crowd sat in the lounge area :yikes

I'd forgotten about that!

I had to saunter past several times before I could believe it! :really :rofl
Prettypollycat wrote:

half of the mens urinals are visible to a good crowd sat in the lounge area :yikes

I'd forgotten about that!

I had to saunter past several times before I could believe it! :really :rofl

:yikes :rofl
Hi Phil
It was nice to meet yourself and Dee as well you made us very welcome in fact all your gang made us welcome, we enjoyed the days in the shack and the birthday party, we are going to book for next year again about the same time but going for a direct flight if we can as it took us 22 an half hours from leaving the apartment to arriving in our house and that was with no delays,hope you do well with your compensation claim, have a look at money saving expert.com for flight delay compensation.
all the best Danny + Kathleen
Hi Danny, once again, nice to meet ya - shame we missed you both on our last day but hope to see you both another time. Had a response from thomas cook already, so now a waiting game. Keeping an eye out now for next year (we will be back), and possibly back to Greenpeace.
Just for those HT'ers who want to know - yup Danny smokes a pipe !! Not something you see much of in Goa and Yeshi in Ganesh shack finds it amusing, so next year Danny and Yeshi I may treat myself to one !

Danny - You must have seen the challenge cup draw by now and Hunslet Hawks away at Wigan, we ain't got a chance and if it's a Friday night game, doubt I could make it (would be good though).
Ah pipe smoke. Reminds me of my childhood I used to love the smell. :tup
Hi Phil
Yes ive seen the draw its on Sunday 27th April with a 3pm kick off, if you can make it let me know and I will meet up with you for a bevvy before the match.
Danny
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.