Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Very sad.

I considered hiring a bike - until the transfer to the hotel!
:(
The lads were from Mallaig a small fishing village on the West coast of Scotland
Which is why they were probably visiting Agonda ~ home from home. So sad. I personally wouldn't drive or bike anywhere in Goa, too scarey even sitting in the back of a taxi at times.
I thought that until I rented a bike. Its a totaly different driving style buts its ok. Just keep your wits about you. I trust myself more than the taxi drivers.

Very sad RIP :(
sadly someone was killed outside Newtons supermarket yesterday early morn a Goan man with 4 kids on a bike coming from candolim to calangute and a car pulled off newtons supermarket 'carpark' on to the road and hit him, the british driver of the car survived and paid for his treatment but he died in hospital, so sad, this is a very real black spot and more people should be aware of it there have been countless accidents and a few deaths at this very spot every year, we have witnessed a couple of them.we use our bike and probably stupidly i travel side saddle but i just (wrongly even stupidly I expect) but feel safer this way, like i could get off somehow, :oops: i feel so trapped sitting the other way in the madness of the traffic especially market day in Mapusa and places, dont follow my example but do take great care however well you drive
:( chilly
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.