Malta and Gozo Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Malta and Gozo.
I know of people driving to Italy and catching a ferry to Malta in order to bring a car over but I don't think any other form of shipping does the trip direct ?
wow..what an adventure that would be..sailing to malta on an ordinary ship....that would be soooo fantastic. What about something that is privately owned by one of these rich people that park up in Valetta? Would it be possible to scank a job with one of them?
Exactly Val, yes an adventure indeed, btw excellent use of the word "scank" not heard that for years :lol: .
Skank is a commonly used expression ooop North where I live ( North Nottinghamshire/South Yorkshire border). I hear it at least once a day.
Glad I make you feel nostalgic though! :lol:
Have you had a look here??
http://www.cma-cgm.com/ProductsServices/Tourism/Default.aspx
It looks very promising but you will need to catch a bus from Freeport to Sliema :lol:
:lol: No problem you can borrow my pedalo boat to complete your authentic trip. :wink:
Sliema2,

I seem to remember that they did this journey back in 1942 but out of a convoy of over 40 ships only 5 arrived in Malta!

I guess it would be quite an adventure to do this journey by ship if only to honour those brave men who managed to get those urgent supplies to the folks in Malta,

Trev
:yikes :yikes o.k. sorry in that case i withdraw my previous offer. Not only due to the loss of vessels but you appear to be ageing quite rapidly :yikes :yikes
I'm thinking of buying a dinghy, I could hire it out to you Sliema2 but I would recommend that you only attempt the journey in the summer months :fish
just made enquiries, you can hire a small ship for a fair price from Sleima bay, its called (pride of gzira), it is guaranteed to get you where you want to go and for emergencies there are four spare oars. Hope i spelt that right. All the best.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.