Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
While your waiting for someone to answer your questions take a look at our resort report for Santa Ponsa if you haven't already done so:- http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/reviews/spain/balearic-islands/mallorca/santa-ponsa/
We were in Santa Ponsa about 4 years ago. We used to start the night off in the Square where there was live entertainment every night and then used to walk down to the area where all the irish bars are. Strings was usually quite popular (not an irish bar). The rest, from what I can remember, were pretty much the same.

No hassle to go in pubs like there is in Turkey. A couple of weeks ago in Palma Nova, we were paying 3 or 3.5 euros for alcopops, half a pint of cider (usually Strongbow) was 3 euros and the same for lager but if you had spanish lager (estrella or mahou) that was only 1.5. It was absolutely fine and saved us a lot of money.
Ghirl7
Been to Santa Ponsa a few times and Turkey too - you will find it very different. There's lots of pubs and nice restaurants to choose from. If it's still open, I recommend you try Crocadilos for a meal -a bit more expensive but a very different menu to the norm (try the crocodile meat!) and food is lovely. The Jaggy Thistle pub was always packed when we were there too. Hope you have a nice time.
just back had a brill time crocodilos still open but never whent in jaggy thistle ok if thats what you like 8 euro for 2 pints and a orange juice from the pump. the square was ok westlife were crap there is also rod stewart,abba,brittnay,elvis and the driffters on i liked abba they were good. stayed in the portifino they were exelant for the price used to eat at rickies and chimmes food was a plenty and served with a smile. as for pubs depends what you liked we used to go to churchills,rovers return also we used to go to a spanish bar called jj,s very good a pint in most places was anything from 2.00 up to 3.50 vodka barcardy with mixer was about 4.50 but mind you got about 5 nipps. all in i would deff go back probb next year sutch a nice resort 5 times to majorca now and that was the best resort yet

the fatboy
We went to Santa Ponsa in May, very nice resort we liked strings bar just u from the beach had great entertainment! Wasnt fussed with the square tho we only went once, Rod Stewart was the main entertainment and hes ot my cup of tea but seemed to go down well with the people who were there. Theres loads of irish bars we thought the best one was seans place as the two lads who were playing didnt just do irish stuff. the beach is fab and the sea was quite warm for May, reasonable sun bed hire for the day. Mrs Murphys Resteraunt was our favourite place to eat bit at the expensive range but well worth the money if you want a bit quality and the wine we had was very nice and im not a wine drinker normally. Drink prices alot more expensive than previous visits but thats due to pound v euro at the moment we paid around 10/12 euros for a beer, bicardi and a wkd. I didnt see any people pestering folk to go in there pubs as happened where you went. Its a very ice resort not lively like magaluf but enough if you want late bars and clubs
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.