Far East

Discussions regarding holidays in the Far East.
Re Mings
not sure if they have a pick up service but they may well have as it is a big place and busy. It is def a place for a special celebration. It is dearer than other places(but still cheap! :D ) and worth it.
Thanks Fiona,

Will wait until we get to Bali (and have some kind of plan) but will probably try Wayan. Strangely enough, the driver / guide that we used last time (very good) was also a Wayan (rather like Marias in Italy perhaps?) but we have lost his contact details.

Your description makes the Waka in Ubud sound quite appealing (setting aside the Cockerel chorus). Food for thought!

Peter
Only discovered this trip that there is a naming system in Bali. The first born is always called Wayan,then there are 3 other names.The fifth born will go back to being called Wayan. They do add further names to this.
Peter, we are staying in the Cahaya Dewata resort. It's a small Balinese style hotel, in Kedewatan village. It's situated near the Ayung river, overlooking the rice fields, about 4km from Ubud. Fiona, your hotel looks lovely and I think it would be much more central. We are doing an organised tour with Hayes and Jarvis so we only have 1 day/night in Ubud. We also go to Lovina, Kintamani and Candidasa.
Gail / Ray,

Enjoy your tour. If it is your first visit to Bali, you will find the scenery absolutely stunning.

We will only be taking a couple of nights in Ubud, but still undecided on where we will stay. We fancy the Alam Shanti (looks good on Trip Advisor).

If anyone on this forum has any views, we would be grateful............

Peter
Pete
two nights is fine- make sure you see performances on both nights :D
I decided to give you your own thread Pete :D
The Alam Shanti looks lovely. I've asked for it to be added to our reviews.
I can see that this will cost me dearly in hotel reviews and trip report when we get back.

I note that gerib has also a recomendation for Ubud http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?p=1055853#1055853 which looks good on Trip Advisor.

Oh decisions, decisions.................. :roll:

:lol: Peter
of course Pete- thats the least we expect :lol:
One for Fiona - and hopefully useful for general information.

When you stayed in the Club Rooms at Puri Santrian, I believe that you had an upstairs room.

Do you know if the ground floor rooms get any noise of movement from above?

Are there any benefits or disadvantages in upper or lower floors?

Hope you don't mind the query

Cheers

Peter
we stayed downstairs Pete. It was very quiet :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.