France and Channel Hopping Discussion

Discussions regarding holidays and channel hopping in France.
Whilst I understand that this will cause havoc to some school exchange and cultural trips organised by French schools in these two areas ... Picardy and Ile de France, this is the common response to terrorist acts. This is sadly not the first time it has been enforced. School visits organised by other areas will go ahead as usual. There is no cut-off date in the article.

Schools sadly have been targetted by ne'er-do-wells in the past, and the French rightly IMHO feel a strong obligation to protect minors who are often targetted because of the innocence of the likely victims.

It is sadly fact that the USA and the UK have already been targetted by terrorists of various persuasions, and so this type of atrocity is not unknown. However this is the first time that such actions have taken place on French soil, and of course the nation has been hit not only by the events themselves but also the outcomes.

It is only reasonable that people should reassess their lives in terms of unprovoked risk .... but the fact that life continues as normal, and that goodwill gestures of solidarity and compassion have been made between strangers are the first indication that if good comes from evil, then evil will not have won the day.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.