Cruises

Discussions relating to Cruising holidays
Re: Sea sickness
73 Posts
I've found that flat cola can stop me feeling queasy? :que
For my 25th wedding anniversary not yet, but preparing myself. I am really useless on mini cruisers and have opted i think :think for a P and O cruise on the OCEANA doing aruba, mexico, british virgin islands, barbados, jamaica, St lucia etc, i do suffer with sickness (bad) and have read all this thread. I know sturgeon is recommended and the injection. Does the doctor tell you how long the injection lasts? We are wanting to cruise 15-21 nights ? Also can you have the injection before you start feeling ill?

Is the Oceana a large ship to do a first cruise on and a good one? I do not want to go on small ones. Others i looked at was Royal Caribbean worldwide cruises, thank you.

Michelle x
We have just got back from a 10 night cruise on the Oriana, the weather was bad, force 8 and 9 only along with a few force 5's I think, I was really worried about sea sick, took sturgeon on the morning we traveled, one more when the ship sailed then took one every 8 hours for the next three days, (shows how worried I was) the bay was rough and I did not feel sick once so it worked
I always do the same Cathy. I take Stugeron two hours before sailing and then continue for 2/3 days. Up to now have been ok.

I havent personally had to have an injection, but am sure it lasts quite a while, although expensive.

I am due to sail on the Oriana in September but have sailed on the Oceana three times. Its probably my favourite ship. It was our first cruise too Derwent. We absoloutely loved her.

Kath x
Michelle - a friend and her son have the injection with their GP before leaving home, and they cruise for a fortnight.
Any idea if you can buy Motion Eaze in the UK? It gets great reviews on Cruisecritic.
Try and find out what the generic active ingredient is, then you may be able to find an equivalent here.

luci :wave
This is our 2ns cruise. My daughter and I both had a touch of sea sicknesses on our last cruise. Any tips? Do the bracelets work? I packed Dramamine already! Just want to know how prepared to be. It only was an issue when the boat was "full steam ahead" on the first night to get to the Bahamas. Slow cruising was fine!
  • Edited by bingo296 2012-09-28 06:38:38
stugen is what iv used on all my cruises x
I don't cruise but I use sturgeon for any rough ferry crossings.
i never get sea sick but then i am a fisherman and some of the gales we have been out in were rough but we just carry on drinking beer.
so i suggest a couple of fishing trips around the uk before your cruise and you will be cured..
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.