Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Sea Temperature
12 Posts
Hi Jules

The sea can feel quite cool in November when you first go in, but it soon feels warm once you've been in a few minutes. I don't think it will ever get to 28 degrees as this is the Arabian Sea and not the Indian Ocean. Even when we have been in March/April I don't think its been that warm. The sea in Goa can be quite rough at times so beware when swimming as there are lots of under currents.

Hope this helps

DebnPete
Hi DebnPete

Thanks for this, I was aware of the under currants and won't go out of my depth. I think it might have been wishful thinking on my part that it was going to be nice and warm but as long as it's warmer than the English channel that's fine with me :D
I don't thinkyou'll have an issue with the sea temperature in November! It certainly won't feel chilly and should be a welcome respite! Hopefully it will be much warmer than the beer :lol:
Oh good, am looking forward to taking a dip to cool off but not too cool, 5 weeks tomorrow I'll be there - yipee!
Sea temperature is lovely (warmer than the pool) :)
I agree that the temperature in the sea is lovely. I havent been to the Maldives but I would say that the temperature of the sea in Goa compares favourably with the Caribbean although unfortunately its not as blue and can be rough at times.
The water temp is 30-31c in March/April time.
Our first trip was at the end of April 95 and the water was like a bath (though as I said in November it is still lovely) :)
i too was in candolim last March and the sea was nice a refreshing. not cold at all. Strong undercurrents tho did make it tricky to stay on your feet if you wandered out a little far. I had a few goes on the jet skis and whilst it was good fun, it can be a little risky. I came off one after hitting a wave too hard. i was ever so gratefull to be wearing a life jacket. These are a must if you are trying anything like this. I know i will insist on one next year. Great fun but keep safe
this is averages from one of local Goa's website:
Water Temperature : 25 Degrees Celsius (December to February) to (March to November) 32 Degrees Celsius
Ohhhh lovely now 32 degrees I can cope with, 2 weeks 6 days to go :D
Thanks
Jules
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.