Camping and Caravanning UK and Europe

Discussions regarding camping and caravanning in the UK and the rest of Europe.
We stayed at Seafield in September 2000 and loved it. We had previously been to Seahouses a few years earlier and stayed at a local pub, so we already knew the area and liked it. We had what was called a "super pitch", there were only 2 of them, but I believe that all the pitches are like that now. We were given a number code for access to the toilets and showers, also for access to the site. The site is right on the sea-front, but there isn`t really what you`d call a sea view, but you`re on the sea front as soon as you walk off site. Seahouses is a small place, just a few shops and only one of them a supermarket, a few cafes and restaurants and one or two gift shops, but the harbour area is interesting, with boat trips to be had out to the Farne islands to see the seals and bird life. When we went there was a bit of a storm which delayed our return to harbour, so the tide had gone out, leaving a steep climb to the steps getting off the boat. With my short legs I had to be hauled up by a burly seaman! Going back to the site, we didn`t pay what I called an awful lot for our pitch, I think they seem a bit expensive nowadays, although I suppose you do have to pay extra for a place with the sort of facilities they have now. Anyway, I hope that you enjoy your stay, I love Northumberland!
thanks so much for your interesting reply. I wanted a town that would be small and traditional, there is a big fete over the bank holiday and we love Alnwick Gardens too so may try to squeeze in a visit to there.

being lifted about by burley seaman ..surely a selling point all in itself :wink:
Made it all worthwhile!
Forgot to mention, we took a drive out to a small place called Lower Newton by the Sea, a really seriously SMALL place, but very nice, just a few houses, a tiny shop/post office and a pub, where we had a great meal. There`s a nice little beach and there`s a nature reserve close by.
thankyou for your tips :D

I'll let you know my thoughts on our return
Just looking back and reminiscing about past holidays, quirkygirl, if you`re about, you never did say how you went on at Seahouses!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.