Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Season Start ?
6 Posts
Providing the licences are issued on time i.e. all the bribes paid then the beginning of November sees them going up.

Papa
Hi Noggin

As Papa said, it all depends on when the licences are issued. This current season they were issued in September enabling the shack owners to start construction in October. But the 2009/2010 season the shacks didn't get up and running until mid December.

It has also been quite rainy during October/November for the last couple of years - warm rain though. ;)
Hi Katie, :wave:
we were there in November 2009...no shacks up whilst we were there... :cry
We have also been 3 times to Goa in monsoon...(July, August and September...)...lots of warm rain, but Goa looks beautiful and green :cheers
We normally return mid October and love it even when it rains but the roads can be very pot holed or even washed away and some accommodation can have a fusty smell until it dries out and gets well aired but every monsoon seems to have different consequences

We stay for a long time so it doesn't matter to us if the shacks are built or our favourite restaurant won't open for another two or three weeks but if that is what makes your holiday best to wait until mid November
We arrived 25th Oct this year and was the best its been,nearly all the shacks were built and most were open by the 1st november,the shack owners have been told the licences will again be issued in september so the shacks will be up and running by November.
the weather was great for end of October with only an occasional showers between 4pm to 5pm ,so after lunch at the shack a slow walk back
home and miss the rain. We found it much better to go October and stay till middle March when the humidity starts and will do so again next season . :tup
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.