Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
H BrenLiz, my wife and I have been to the Serin lots of times. We couldn't go last year or this, due to my health problems but will be there next year hopefully. I can't see that it will have changed at all as the same staff have mostly been working there for years. We have stayed there in May and August from a week to a full month and have never been bored with it.

It is a basic hotel but always very clean, the cleaners are round every day and do a great job. There are two Turkish nights, one with traditional folk dancers and belly dancers, and one with break dancers. Both are worth watching at least a couple of times. Apart from that there is no entertainment at all, one of the reasons we keep going back, it is reasonably quiet. It is in a fantastic spot just behind the beach with plenty to do without having to walk far.

The AI drinks are from 10:00 to 23:00 and include Beer, Turkish Vodka, Raki, Gin and Brandy. Fresh Orange and ice cream are not included. It isn't a really big pool but it never seems too crowded to use and we rarely have any trouble choosing a sunbed when we come down about 08:00. When the AI finishes at 23:00 the bar in the garden opens and you can buy drinks till daylight lol. Ali the barman will keep you entertained making cocktails and fishbowls. The prices in the bar are usually a bit cheaper than the surrounding hotels and bars and they don't take your eyes out which is a nice change.

The food is not what you would call restaurant fare, it is more traditional and how the Turkish people would eat at home. There are different soups every day, both lunch time and dinner time. There are a lot of meals like our stews and casseroles, made with Chicken, Lamb, Mutton or Beef, fish once a week and a barbecue the night of the folk dancing. There is a chilled salad and fruit bar with a mixture of mostly Turkish Salad dishes, they are really nice too. The menue can sometimes get a bit repetitive on the second week but there is always a good choice. Most days they have chips, and once a week they will have a burger in a bun too, that is usually a day when we will eat out as we prefer the Turkish fare. There are always a few complaints, usually about the Turkish food or lack of British food, even by people that haven't even sampled it.

I know nothing about the Ozcan in Turunc but the Longbeach is owned and managed by the same people that run the Serin so I would imagine it will be exactly the same food there. The Longbeach is in a slightly quieter spot, about four blocks back from the main road but just a few short minutes walk to the main road and beach. It used to be apartments but this year they have changed over to all inclusive instead. I have been there a few times for drinks but have not been around the back so I don't know how big the pool is.

If you want to know anything else please ask and if I can help I will. As I say I wasn't there last year but will be going next year, I have my flights booked and just have to give the Serin a ring to arrange a room.

Hope this helps,

Jim.
Thanks that is a brilliant report, but after all our hard work of looking for a holiday I can't get the time off work now, too much work and not enough staff! I really appreciate your report though and will make a note for when I can get new dates.
What a pity, you must be very disappointed, never mind you will enjoy it more when you do eventually get away. Thanks very much for the reply. :tup

Jim.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.