Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Shack licences
8 Posts
I read something a few weeks ago in which it seemed to state that some licences would be issued for 3 years to regular shack operators and some more would be given to first time shack owners for a one year period.
But, as ever, this IS India we are discussing so I guess there will be delays and compromises right up to half way through the season
I believe the squabbling has started... :)
From http://www.goanvoice.org.uk/

Goa Tourism: A Fish Market of Fights
5 Oct: The Goan. Annual embarrassment of no shacks when first charters land, set to repeat … Face-off between supporters and opponents of government’s shack policy … Shacks, showcases of Goa’s hospitality has become showdown grounds … What was meant to be a showcase of Goan hospitality has ended up becoming a mindless war of greed…
Well good news at last, it looks like all the regular shacks have been given there licensees for three years in the candolim area and shacks are already starting to build.. :)
Greetings .wee-john here .I 'd appreciate a little info on a shack on Baga Beach I don't know if it even has an official name as last year was my first time last feb and was totally enamoured with the culture in total.
the shack in question was run by a very lovely couple called Angelo and Janet it was situated on th right at the bottom of a little lane which led down off the baga road and was adjacent to a large hotel which was making a take-over bid for the beach area .I know this description is a bit sketchy but any info would be appreciat4ed If angelo has managed to get a licence this season or not .thank you wee-john
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.