Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Hi welcome to HT :wave:

The Sharm Cliff Resort is located in an elevated area more or less in the centre of the main area in Naama Bay just a few minutes down in to the resort centre with it many bars and restaurants and nightlife.

The hotel being in the middle of the resort doesn't have a beach attached so you can get the free hotel courtesy bus out to the beach they use which is Hadaba Beach, this is a public beach however some hotels have their own private area of it.

As with all hotels in Sharm a few small tips to pool attendants, room cleaners and bar staff will make a big difference to your level of service.

It will be very hot in July so make sure you take a high factor sunscreen and keep your fluid levels up by drinking bottled water regularly during the day.

If you go shopping you will have to haggle the price down in almost all the shops, you want to pay around half or even less the original asking price. There are some fixed price shops which make it easy should you not want to haggle.

There are a HUGE amount of restaurant and bars, you have places such as Buddha, Hard Rock, TGI Friday's however these are the most expensive compared to other restaurants.
Close to your hotel as you enter the main area on a corner I can recommend Kan Zaman or if you want fresh fish go next door to it and try Layaly Kan Zaman.

Have you been to Egypt before? if not I will come back and give you some more tips and advice.

Graham
Hi Graham
Thanks for replying.
No, this is my first time in Egypt and I can't wait.
I would leave to hear more about the beaches and I think their beach called wind beach that I could use?
Thanks
A couple of quick question before I get back to you, are you intending to go on any excursions such as Cairo or diving?

Hotels that don't have their own beach come to an agreement with other hotels that have a beach to allow their clients to use them, this can change several times during the season and some hotels have more than one beach available, it could well now be Wind Beach, this is about a 5-7 minute walk from the hotel near the start of the promenade that runs around Naama Bay up to the Sonesta at the far end, I will try and find out which beach it is you are using.

If it is Windy Beach that can be used by anybody for a small fee although you won't have to pay. It isn't a big section and can be busy, there there is a bar and snack available at this beach. The beach isn't massive however if you want to go snorkeling you will be able to do that.
I don't think I'll be going to Cairo this time around as it'll be probably too hot even though I'd love too, But I'll definitely be diving something like out around tiran Island.. Oh and quad biking.
I don't really mind the type of beach as long it close bye,, I'm not that fond of pools lol.
Thanks for that, the reason I was asking was to find out if you would require the entry Visa or not.

Your NOT required to buy the entry Visa for quad biking and if you intend to go diving to Tiran Island only, you don't require the Visa, if you intend to go diving to Ras Mohammed you will require the Visa.

If you dont want (require) the Visa, on the landing card you will be given on the plane just fill in your details and somewhere on the back of it write “SINAI ONLY”
When you enter the airport ignore the reps and others who will be trying to get you to buy the Visa and head off to your right, just go straight to immigration with your passport and landing card.

Beaches used by hotel
I have just had a reply from the hotel with the full information for you.

One in Naama bay - Wind Beach, just next to the beach of Helnan marina, 5 minuets by hotel free shuttle bus, goes around the clock from 8.30 am till sun set.

Also Hadaba beach In Hadaba, which is the best snorkeling, shuttle bus goes around the clock from 8.30 am till sun set.

Snorkelling is easily done from the bay in Naama, although not the best due to the damage done to the coral by tourists it is still very good with plenty to see, if you don't have a pair of water shoes buy them there for a couple of pounds, mush easier to get in and over the coral if required.

There are many dive schools in Sharm, the most expensive option is to use your tour companies via their rep however there will be one availble in the hotel or there are many more to choose from in resort.

These are a couple of pictures I took in January of Wind Beach at Helnan Marina, as you can see it is nice enough although it will be busier in July.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v385/big-graham/HelnanMarina1_zpsf199fbd1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v385/big-graham/HelnanMarina2_zps42bed941.jpg
Wow Graham
that's really going the extra mile :tup
Thanks Graham, That's really helpful.
I won't be needing a Visa a I have no call for it.
I'll probably using the Habada beach as it's a bit longer and therefore less Crowded I hear.
I have my Water shoes already packed and ready to go.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.