Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
We are of to island garden resort july 2nd 4 time in sharm 1st time at this hotel has good reviews and 5 minutes walk from soho square and very short transfer gatwick but still good deals going from luton on holiday gems web site we paid £1040 total price for both of us 2 weeks all inc so perhaps right up your street on that one
Ok checked holiday fly 2nd of july east midland to island garden resort 4 star 2 weeks all inc total price once you add on luggage will be 1350 check out reviews on ta and this and see what you think deal found on holiday gems
Thanks Glasgow.
I had a look at the reviews and they all seem good. The only downside to the reviews was the rooms look a bit tired, but you don't go on holiday to sray in your room do you.

Another thing i meant to ask: My partner is German and does not have a full passport, only and ID card which is ok for Europe, but not sure if she can use this to go to Egypt?
Just found this on the EJ website. I'm presuming that most other airlines will operate in the same way
http://support.easyjet.com/case-4077
as helen posted that web site is correct you need a full valid passport to travel outside the eu. but they tend to take about 6 weeks so have plenty of time
I would think she is cutting it fine to get a German passport before the end of June. If she is applying from the UK then she has to apply in person at either the German Embassy in London or certain consular offices depending on where she lives. The Embassy website says that there is a 3 month waiting list for appointments at the Embassy and it then takes up to 6 weeks for the passport to actually be produced and forwarded from Germany. They recommend that for renewals that you apply 6 months before the old one expires but I assume that it might take longer if this is a first time application?

http://www.london.diplo.de/Vertretung/london/en/07/02__Passport/02__Passport__over__18.html

Makes recently renewing my UK passport in 4 hrs at the Liverpool passport office seem really simple!

SM
Thank you for all your input guys.
Lets hope we can get her a full passport for next summer then.

Until then, Greece it is. Which is not too bad eh!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.