Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
Just an update for everyone...it keeps going up.

This week (ending 20/02/15) exchange rates closed at 2.5441 Leva to the £ in my local Ist Currency Branch.

I have not bought any since November last year, but am very tempted I must confess to get 500 leva....only £196'ish next Monday.
Jim, rate is 264.6035 at moment in banks in Bulgaria, remember to order on line to get extra stotiki's, then go in Branch next day, hanging fire till Wednesday, awaiting outcome of the Gre ek proposals on Monday. wow 4 - 1 up half time, sorry now note 4 - 2 ch0w.
Hi Tony...fully understand the banks in BG will always offer an even better rate cashing in sterling while you are over there. As you say they too are very high as we write.

My point is that if you 'wait' till you get out there to buy extra Leva the rate may well have dropped below wot it is right now....both here and over there.

The Greek card is the Ace at the moment....once that simplifies, if that is ever easy, all Euro/Sterling rates will possibly rein in a fair bit.

regards, Jim
Well here we are again: a falling euro and thye chance to buy leva at around 2.67 online.
I am convinced the rate will get even more favourable, but not sure if I have the courage to wait!
:think
Always best to get your lev in the resort. Halifax Clarity Card offering 2.76 as is Nationwide debit card ( better rate offsets majority, if not all charges ) Rates in the resort vary between banks and Crown Excganges 2.65 to 2.73 and some hotels offering 2.70+ Glarus, Ivana palace to name 2.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.