Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
Even if it opens on 15th Sep, and I cannot think it will.
I would give it a few weeks before you go.
Can you imagine the initial chaos!
Rodz
i have looked at the attrations, but they does not seem to be much for the younger ones its mainly based on for adults, i wonder if a "Family" with kids would go and pay when the childred have no rides to go on
i have booked tickets for september 19th through my travel agent, what do you think the chances of it ACTUALLY being open are?
just make sure you can get a refund if you have paid in full for the tickets, as i have not yet heard any reviews of the general pubilc been to the park as yet
There are some videos of the Park on the web.
It looks really good, it makes all other water parks look naff.
Wonder what it will do to the other water park in the alto just over the motorway.
Hope it goes well
Rodz
Just looked on Tenerife News, it is scheduled to open on the 15th Sep. Queen of Thailand and the president of Loro Park who own Sian Parque will be there. Uhm!!!!!!!
Wouldn`t want to be there for a few weeks until it is organised.
Good luck to the guys who have tickets for the 19th. Let us all know how it go`s.
Rodz
We went past siam park on monday last week.

looks great but the cranes were still in there.

hope its open by our next trip.
Does anyone know how much it is to get in to the water park?

Adult and child prices if you have them.

we are not going until next may but it would be nice to have some idea what it will cost.

Regards,
Does anybody know if this has opened yet?

Thanks
Rachael
x
If you look three posts back you will see that it was due to open for the dignateries on the 15th September but not for the public.
Further back on this thread a guy has tickets for the Parque for the 19th Sep that he got through his travel agent.
Jan 2008 I was talking to a site foreman and he said 2009.
I didn`t believe him at the time but every opening date so far has been postponed and some of these dates go back nearly two years.
If you keep checking Tenerife News (on line) they usually post updates but they then turn out to be wrong.
If anyone else knows anything I would be interested as well.
Rodz
Opens to the public tomorrow

As regards 'nothing for the kids', the play area puts the Alton Towers Splash Landings to shame!!!!

The beach is phenominal and the whole place is totally immaculate, just like Loro Parque is!

I think this park will be a massive success, however I reckon there will be long queuing times.

Rumour has it that they are considering restricting numbers, however I don't know how they will do this when tickets are going to be sold by outlets and tour operators.
That`s really good news, perhaps the guys who`s going on the 19th will give us a report when he gets home.
Rodz
Drove past on the motorway this afternoon and the roads around were packed with parked cars and I saw two Siam Park open-topped buses taking people in/out. It looks like this is going to be a massive attraction, which is good because there have been a lot of negative comments over the delayed opening.
this place is open, but half of the attractions are closed due to technical problems!!!! but they are still charging the full gate price so if your going ask at the gate before paying and do not ask the touts selling the tickets because they will lie to there back teeth
I went to Siam Park on Monday just gone (22nd September) and thought it was superb.

All the attractions were open but I did notice there was a little minor finishing off work being done on some kind of water feature that was still dry.

There are plenty of "white knuckle" type slides for adults or at least those that meet the height restrictions and for young children there is the Lost City, a water play ground with smaller slides and sunbeds all around for parents to watch on. That said the lifeguards were very quick to ask kids to slow down and not run too quickly. Lifeguards in general were numerous around the park.

My favourite aspect of the park wasn't the slides but the fantastic Siam beach. This artificial beach and fresh water sea is bigger than Puerto Colon beach down the road and made with imported white sand. There are tons of sunbeds for which there is no extra charge. Every so often a life guard bangs a gong, this signifies that the big wave machine is being turned on and we all jumped into the sea and positioned ourselves ready for the big clean six foot wave that gets pumped out every few minutes, riding on the crest of this big wave was great fun and everyone gets swept back with it, then you swim/stride back out again ready for the next one. Surprisingly good fun.

€28 adult entry, €5 for a locker but €2 of that is a returnable deposit on the key.
Did any one see the documentry on Discovery channel on Sunday night it was an hours programme on Siam Parque.
Mainly it was about how they created the technology to make the waves.
They did have a lot of problems and it was this that put 12 months on the opening date.
I am sure it will be repeated.
Rodz
For those that are interested the Discovery Channel is repeating the Megabuilders Programme about Siam Park this Sunday, 19th October @ 1100 Hrs
I watched the programme. No wonder there was such a delay on Siam Park opening!!!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.