Far East

Discussions regarding holidays in the Far East.
I remember getting our visas on arrival at Siem Reap, it was like going up before a board of generals
We had no problems before. I know what you mean though.but it was efficient.
Shame to hear about this, but some unpleasant stories beginning to come out of Cambodia. Hopefully the greed mentality will not kill off the prime source of income, tourism. :think

It is a crying shame as the average Cambodian is friendly, helpful and smiling!

Peter
Yes they are friendly. But we are also warned to watch out for police at Angkor Wat who would approach you and offer to show round a temple but then demand 10 dollars at the end of it. I know there is corruption everywhere in the world but I do think that the first thing you come across when you enter Cambodia shouldn't be officials demanding money for themselves.
I don't think we will return to Siem Reap as we have now done everything we want to do but we do have other parts of Cambodia we may visit. Next time I will do the evisa before we go.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.