Far East

Discussions regarding holidays in the Far East.
drag on Shirley? You certainly didn't do that! I love the story about the visas! Did you feel you had enough time at Angkor Wat?
I am a bit of a coward when it comes to heights. Do you think that would make Siem Reap difficult to get the best out of it? I would love to go.
I hope you have some photos!
I too am petrified of heights and would not attempt the very steep steps up to the main tower of angkor wat, this however did not spoil the trip as not many people did actually go up there - you can still get a great feel of the place without climbing the tower, I absolutely would say go there if you are thinking of it - I think it was probably my favourite time ever in Asia, I have got lots of pics and I am not sure how to load them on here - perhaps I will look into it.
thanks Shirley!
uploading photos is quite simple. I'll look at Allmens instructions for you.
Here you are- no excuses now! :D
Angkor Wat is just THE most amazing place, isn't it? I was another who couldn't attempt that final climb to the top though, those steps were just too steep! Would love to go back to Cambodia one day to see more before they build too many hotels there...
There are lots of very large hotels being built at the moment - mainly on the airport road , some of them are huge.
Hope it does not get too spoilt , I would love to go back to Cambodia also, I would like to try Pnomh Penh and Sihanoukville, I definately think Cambodia tourism will bom in the next few years.
here is Shirley's hotel report :D
Hi shirley

What a lovely report, thanks for sharing that we us, hubby and I already talking about going next year..............the information given on this website is so valuable - beats the tours books any day. :)

Thanks again

Jules
Hi Goan addict thanks for the praise, I guess you are addicted to Goa (just like me!)

I would definately recommend Siem Reap , it is fab, so much to see, the people are so poor and I think tourism is their lifeline, really hope you enjoy Vietnam (on my list for future hols)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.