Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
hi. ive been with club c many times before i found out about siesta.the coaches was great but i would love to find out which coach is more comfortable...siesta or ferris platinum??,thanks x
from a comfort point of view ie legroom i think that they are both about the same -and miles better than club c. however, ferris normal coach -or cattle truck as it is affectionately known - has much less legroom.
however, i think that siesta is much better when it comes to choice of food on the journey,entertainment system(as it is individually controlled), and the fact it has 2 doors to get on/off if you are upstairs.
ferris tend to use the ferries whereas siesta use the tunnel.
i used to think it was better to go through the tunnel as you saved an hour on the crossing, but you seem to lose this at the stops on route. they both pick up "bottom end drivers" around 5am to take you to the resorts and this bit governs your arrival time in resort (and the length of the breaks on route).
both firms therefore seem to get you to the resorts around the same time.
the other niggardly thing with ferris is that they will use calella as a hub in spain to transfer people between coaches (not every time but....) so on the way home you can leave say lloret or malgrat go to calella, change coaches and then drive back past malgrat 2 or 3 hours later. siesta have there spanish hub on the way back near the french border so it does seem that you are heading home.
finally, ferris seem to beat siesta on price for the same hotels, and offer special deals if you are prepared to take AOA.
if the price was the same i personally would book siesta, but i have very rarely found siesta better on price.
i have travelled many times on the ferris platinum coach and will be travelling on it again in september.
ok thankyou for that,went with siesta last year and was impressed.have heard from people that in terms for comfort ferris is a bit better due to better recline (not sure how thru that is) may just have to see for myself :-) x
have just returned from a siesta coach holiday to tossa de mar .the coach trip while it was a long way was perfect we were looked after by the hostess/drivers really well ..thank you siesta. .
Hi, i have travelled with Siesta about 7 - 8 times sine 2008 and must admit the drivers and hostesses are good, very regualar with coming around and checking if anybody wants to order, we last travelled with Siesta in September as a group of 6 to Disney & Estartit Spain and were well looked after...
The coach trip with Siesta was always enjoyable but having looked at the the lodge prices for Castell Montgri it looks like I will have to look elsewhere even if I decide to have a holiday abroad this year.
Hiya,

Can anyone tell me if there are points on board the coaches to charge a DS and Kindle?
Dont think so but a fully charged kindle should last a good 5 days
Just had a letter from Siesta today. We travel at the very end of may and they have added a fuel surcharge of £5 per person for all may departures which isnt too bad really
Hi I need to change my booking to different dates and maybe change a couple of names, Im not going until june and have paid the deposit, does anyone know if this is possible or how much they will charge me. Thanks
Debbie
Hi Debbie ... this page may help:
http://www.siestaholidays.co.uk/terms

It will probably open by default on 'Our Commitment to you', in which case just click on 'Your commitment to us' to view alteration and cancellation charges.

David :wave
hi debbiej....used them for years...have changed a name 48hrs before with no problems...fees to change things not as bad as with a lot of travel agents ect....if they can get you seats and a caravan on another date they will do so ...no fuss....just phone them...I found them really helpful when Ive got a problem....tweetie
although siesta state in the brochure they will be helpful in reserving seats, this is completely false. they only give preferential seating to freinds of the company. i have seen on regular occasions where people who are disabled, who have requested seats being vitually carried upstairs, whilst young able bodied people have been given seats downstairs. it does not matter how soon you book, how much you tell them about your disability it will fall on deaf ears. they are very unhelpful in this matter. the coaches are far superior to any other in the british isles.
New Siesta coaches have now arrived. There are lots of pics on the Siesta Holidays facebook page
live update on the new siesta onboard ent. system. very disapointing. havent managed to watch anything yet without it freezing, pixelating, jumping or just restarting for no good reason. progress eh ?
Right everyone!!!! Here is the latest on Siesta as I`ve just returned from Benidorm on the latest addition to the fleet, Club Class Premier. Good points WiFi now throughout UK & parts of France, new TV screens in headrests, hot food & drinks served by a VERY hard working hostess, ample stops on route, Benidorm Hotels offered by Siesta are second to none ( Hotel Pueblo has probably the best pool area in the whole of Benidorm) and finally the drivers, very friendly & informative. Now the bad points: although it is stated by Siesta EXTRA legroom, this is totally false & i am not on my own in my opinion of this, 16 people on our coach ( some, like ourselves have stayed loyal to Siesta for over 10 years ) will NOT be travelling with Siesta again. 5 extra seats have been added to the new fleet to earn extra revenue for the company which has lead to cramped conditions throughout the upper deck. The downstairs seats DO have a little exta room but to have ANY chance whatsoever of getting one of these you have to book up to 18 months in advance. Luggage compartment is now a shambles, no room at all drivers had to climb into the compartment & STOMP the cases in, so leave your drinks quota in Spain. lol And finally WHAT a bunch of abusive & unsympathectic booking staff in the offices, which is my main complaint. One passenger told and i quote " well if he is going to f****** struggle to climb the stairs, then he should not have f****** booked the f****** coach should he" In our opinion Ferris Platinum beats Siesta on leg room & comfort and after 17 years of travelling with Siesta ( sometimes twice a year ) we will now be changing to Ferris. Siesta LISTEN to your regulars!!!!
Right then, arrived back yesterday so can now write a more detailed review.
New coaches have reasonable legroom but you struggle when the seat infront is reclined.
onboard entertainment system could not cope with a full load of passengers and kept freezing, pixellating, blanking off then jumping back several minutes or fully resetting and going back to the main menu. it did this several times in both directions. it did however work fine on feeder coaches when there were far fewer passengers and during the night when most were turned off.
Engine noise is harsh and obtrusive upstairs to the rear of the stairwell at anything other than cruising speed.
As stated above the boot is a bit of a struggle with drivers having to ram cases in. wouldnt like to pack anything fragile.
Drivers and couriers were excellent as were the resort staff ( see my cala gogo review ).
Prices on the coach were very reasonable (£1.50 for sandwiches / toasties, 80p for tea / coffee).
We had been given a 2 - 3pm return pick up from resort on our paperwork but were picked up at 10.30, did a pickup at cdp and were then given an hour an a half in Estartit with no prior warning ( by this point id got rid of most of my euros ). before picking up in Estartit in driving onto l'ampala for changeover. The coach from tossa was over an hour late meaning more hanging around and we only just made the chunnel crossing.
Talking to some scottish passengers who had been lucky enough to travel on the older coaches, they have removed the leg supports from these although personally I didnt feel the leg supports were nessecary.
Also worth noting that the rear row of seats upstairs dont recline fully. the outer two near the window dont recline at all due to body pillars and the inner two dont recline anywhere near as far, and seat bases at the moment are rock hard probably as the are new and not bedded in yet.
Would still book again for next year though as hopefully by then they will have had the winter to sort out the problems with the new vehicles ( bear in mind that they arrived and went straight out on the road ). Will still be hounding Siesta for a refund on the prem plus fee as i didnt book with it in the first place and most of the time it didnt work !

** Update, Siesta assure me that the entertainment systems have been fixed and are now fully working without glitches ** 04/07/2012 :)
  • Edited by beefy666 2012-07-05 22:27:25
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.