Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
The two seats on the outside of the back row have no recline at all as there is a pillar in the way and the inner two recline marginally as the rear window is in the way, also when the two seats in front of you recline you have no space at all. We were sat for 25 hours on these seats and I didn't get a wink of sleep as was upright all the time and the air vents for air conditioning are right behind so had a constant draught too. If you are not seated in these seats I wouldn't worry the rest of the coach is ok just a little firm.
Went in to book cala gogo for next year today and they have changed the coach layout again for 2013.
4 seats taken out so more legroom and a lot more super plus recliners on the top deck :D
That's reassuring to know they are making changes...just a bit worried that I might not be able to persuade my family to travel by coach again if it is too uncomfortable this year! :(
Hasnt put my lot off. Mrs C would go again tommorrow if she could.
Any more feedback on the new coaches anyone? Am due to travel on one in August and judging by what people have already said would welcome some positive feedback ( if there is any )
My family and i, a total of 12 of us are going in August for the first time, Could really do with some positive feedback as everyone is only going this way because of my son who will not fly, we have never been by coach before but did drive to Benidorm 2 years ago x
Hi Leanne,
The coach entertainment systems are now fixed according to Siesta. If your short take some paddiung for the seat belts and you will be fine.
Despite the problems the drivers and staff are brilliant and its only the back seats which are a problem. The rest of the coach is lovely.
They have taken more seats out next year but legroom isnt an issue this year, we just had problems with the ent system and very firm seats. They may have been broken in a bit by now.
Treat the journey as part of your holiday and you will enjoy it.
I personally wouldnt bother taking any food or drink either. The prices on the coach are very reasonable and the stewerdess was round regularly

I would recommend coach travel to anyone and we have booked again for next year.
You always get teething problems with something new
:)
I have read comments on here saying that they have "crammed" 5 extra seats in. while it is the case that there are 5 extra seats, the new coaches are over a metre longer so the legroom is pretty much the same as before its just that there are fewer "prem plus" seats with leg supports. Something which they have addressed for next year so perhaps they read this forum :)
If you have ever flown with a budget airline you will find the coaches offer much more legroom !
we have booked for benidorm in may using siesta coaches..hope all goes well.
returned from costa brava last friday [13/07].on the outward journey the tv screens kept freezing and going back to the start without warning. 95% of the programmes on the tv screens did not work for the entire journey home.the air conditioning was virtually non existant and then for the 3rd year in a row a mysterious fault developed just before scotch corner meaning that the remaining 40 odd passengers to scotland had to change busses but then the driver had to take a 45 minute break at gretna before carrying on.
The coaches are due to have the system upgraded so that two computers run it instead of one. They may have already been done by now. Did exactly the same when we went but tv's were fine when a few passengers had got off so there was less demand on the system. Siesta assured me when I rebooked that the problem was being sorted.
Are these issues sorted out now does anyone know? Due to travel mid August, can anyone comment?
The coaches are in the process of having the computers upgraded that run the ent system. Seating layout wont be changed until next year. Took a fair while for siesta to reply to my complaint so guess they have had a few
Thanks everyone , Just found out we have been given the super recliners we requested , think we have been lucky cause requested 12 of them and got 12 so hopefully we will all be sat downstairs together , Has antone traveled on the lower deck ??? if so how was it x
We travel to Salou in August on a new coach, counting the days now, by the sounds of it Siesta have sorted out the problems with the tv system, hope the air cond is working though, what sort of movies, music do they show? Does the route planner / sat nav thingy work? I saw this in the ad when the new coaches were 1st advertised
Are Siesta still only using euro tunnel now instead of the ferry or both, does anyone know?
Do the new coaches have WI FI now and does it work?
still use the tunnel, wifi is hit and miss as it uses orange's signal. only works in uk and france. the sat nav only works if the driver has it turned on in the cab. the films are brilliant mixture of classics and latest releases but the choice for kids was a bit pants ( very old episodes of fireman sam, fifi and the flowertots and thomas the tank engine ) but there were kids films like toy story 1,2 and 3 and finding nemo in the family films section.
selection for adults was great.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.