Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
Hi John , What date do you go in August ? We go Salou on the 22nd from Manchester airport and are stopping at Hotel Calypso, cant wait, just a bit worried how the kids are going to get on lol they cant go half hour without arguing never mind 36 or so hours x
Hi Leanne, we travel on 15th August, take the kids psp nintendo ds that sort of thing, it always keeps them occupied for a bit, magazines etc
the seat back screens kept our entertained for most of the way. plenty of films for them to watch
Thanks John and Beefy was gonna take their console but no power points ive been told on coach so not sure it worth the risk of the being lost or stolen , Also does anyone have any idea whats on the menu on the coach not sure wether to take foods for the kids or not, my lad of 13 dont stop eating but is bit fussy lol x
Hi Leanne, we didn't have a problem with the ds as just charged them before we left and again when we got there. The kids were that entertained with the tv's they hardly played with them anyway. We worried about if they got stolen ect but got a safe when we got there so they were in there after being charged up. The food was fab on the coach they had ham, beef and cheese sandwiches for around £1.50 and toast for 80p we were getting 2 slices for that. The drinks were all around 80p each and the coach we were on had fanta, coke and 7up, water, tea, coffee and hot chocolate. There are crisps and fruit too. We took food for out outward journey but didn't really bother with it, we stopped for 'tea' at the terminal for euro tunnel and that wasn't too badly priced either.
They also did toasties and hot sausage and bacon baps which i think were about £1.70
Thanks Beefy going 2 week tomorrow ,cant wait and thankyou for the info x
Just returned from out 2nd consecutive year trip with Siesta. 28th July (17 days) We are a family of 4 with 2 boys aged 5 and 9. We were very lucky to be allocated the front seats for both inward and return journeys. We totally enjoyed both journeys. Everything went so smoothly, no problems what so ever. We even arrived at Santa Susanna about 2 hours earlier than last year and like wise on our journey home. We cannot praise Siesta enough. The new coaches are fab and the entertainment systems are a godsend when you have children with you. Plenty of choice for young and old. Sat Nav is good too. As ever the waitress service is amazing and the girls are always round regular and keep everyone fed ans watered. We had Lisa on our way to resort and Karen on the way home and we liked to thank them for all there efforts.

Even though we are only just returned home we are just planning our 3rd holiday for next year. We stayed at at the Onabrava in Santa Susanna and also for the 3rd time running we are planning on also returning back next year.

Thank you Siesta. xx
:cheers :cheers :cheers
we have just returned with Siesta on 31.08.12 after 14 nights stopping at The Golden Taurus resort hotel just down the coast from Santa Susanna, in Pineda, (quieter resort that SS) we last went to that hotel 7 years ago and since then it has been upgraded from 3 to 4 stars. We saw this hotel in the Thomson guide as they are the only group that fly to that hotel from UK priced up at £3500 for 2 adults and 2 kids, the same with Siesta was £2062 for last 2 weeks August.

We had never used any coach company to travel on holiday, never mind one all the way to Spain. We booked with trepidation knowing it was a long way but the saving of £1500 led us to go. We got picked up at Woolley Edge services on the M1 at 8.15am and we arrived at the resorts at about 10.00am the following morning. The service on board was great, the hostess service was there when you needed it, the journey was smooth, the comfort stops and mealbreaks were enough and apart from not being a good sleeper myself, I cannot fault Siesta and had I enough money to book for next year, would have done so before I left Spain. Excellent way to get to Spain, great coaches with great drivers, new video screens to watch 200+ films and tv programmes on to pass the time. Absolutely fautless. Oh forgot to mention we has a double room with an adjoining 3 bedded room each with own balcony and bathroom. Book it!!!!
I would definitely use siesta but not while they are using the tunnel.
Tunnels not as bad as you think. Im not a fan of enclosed spaces but it wasnt as bad as I expected. They keep a few of the carriages empty so you can walk around.
Eurostar is 20 mins travelling through the tunnel think its even longer with the vehicle trains ! Just the thought of it stopping in the tunnel that gives me the jeebies!
i've done the tunnel many times by coach and car and it takes around 35 minutes. i also discovered that it is better to get out of the coach during the journey as it eases any effects of the train movement.
i like siestas coaches and their entertainment system,and now ferris have some of these type of coaches i hope they make more use of them, but the arrival time in spain is much the same with if anything siesta arriving a bit later than ferris.
normally, i find siesta has longer breaks on the way down, and this negates the time saved by using the tunnel.
i used to be in favour of using the tunnel, as i thought the time saved was worth it, but now i much prefer the ferry crossing.
i find that the "old" way of stops of 1 hour for dinner are too long and prefer to have shorter stops, but more of them. it seems that nowadays most people take their own food for the journey down, or just get sandwiches at the stops, so there is less need for the longer stops.
i think my biggest irritation though, having done this run many times, is having a long breakfast stop near the border.most people, again a generalisation, are aware that they are now only about 90 minutes from their hotel and having woken up to see the sun shining are just wanting to get to the resort as soon as possible
Booked a holiday with siesta holidays in july last year for june 13. at the weekend they called to say the new bus wont be available as no one booked for it so we have to travel on old style bus. Im travelling on my own with 3 children, so the new bus was a must. Feel very let down by them, and dont know what to do now. Anyone had the same problem or any advice?
Welcome to the forums LB0109 :tup Hopefully someone will be along soon that may be able to offer you some reassurance regarding the older bus.

Were you supposed to be on a Club Class Premier and they've changed it to Club Class?
thats worrying. im booked to travel on 31st May and dont fancy going on the older coach.
Where are you boarding and what date are you going ?
LBO , the less modern siesta coaches still have plenty of leg room and are quite comfy , with a decent snack and beverage selection, i've taken kids on ferris and siesta, and the kids said they enjoyed the comfort of the siesta coaches more, you still have a personal entertainment system, only not as modern as their newer coaches, hope this helps
New menu and price list on Siestas facebook page. Prices have gone up slightly but they now have more choice and are offering pillow hire as an option on the coach
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.