Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
Siesta have changed the seating for next year (2014).
All the seats on the club class premier coaches are now super plus recliners with leg supports and extra legroom etc. They are also getting a new single decker although a high liner so there will still be steps, in club class premier spec
Hi all,

New to the forum after finding this thread looking for coach holidays to spain with Siesta Holiday.

Me and my wife are looking to book a week coach holiday to Salou for Sept/Oct 2014 with Siesta Holidays. We have never been on a coach holiday before or to Salou so not sure what to expect or if siesta is the best to go with. We don't have any kids so was not sure if we would be out of place just going as a couple as we are in our late 20's.

Chris
ferris holidays may be doing salou next year; it is worth checking them out.
there are plenty threads on this forum about ferris/siesta and coach holidays in general which will give you more idea of what goes on during the journey.
i dont see why you think you will be out of place.there are people of all ages on the coach, and in the resorts, as those that do travel by coach do so for lots of reasons, like price, convenience, hatred of flying etc
Only done the journey once to Callela. On the way there I was pretty much the youngest one on the coach other than a few kids and the grandparents of some OAPs who were probably late teens/early 20s. Generally most people on the coach going were over 60.

On the way back it was a much more mixed bag.

The coach is a comfortable and hassle free way of getting there, it can just get boring at times, but it depends where in the UK you are travelling from. I travelled from Manchester and it took 7 hours just to get to Dover because of the traffic.

I have been to Salou by train and that was a very interesting journey a lot more interesting than the coach but it was a bit more expensive and more hassle, but the journey included 12 hours in Paris etc.
Siesta have better legroom and have individual seat back entertainment to relieve the boredom of a long journey but Ferris are cheaper and still use the Ferry rather than the tunnel. You tend to get an overall younger crowd travelling with siesta as they have self catering lodges which appeal to younger families rather than ferris which just do Hotels, You could also try Harry Shaws, Northern Holidays or Southern Holidays.
Can anyone tell me where you get picked up a Manchester airport
Welcome to the forums Stupot240677 :wave:

best give their office a ring :tup
It usually tells you on your tickets when they arrive
chrisb1357 wrote:
Hi all,

New to the forum after finding this thread looking for coach holidays to spain with Siesta Holiday.

Me and my wife are looking to book a week coach holiday to Salou for Sept/Oct 2014 with Siesta Holidays. We have never been on a coach holiday before or to Salou so not sure what to expect or if siesta is the best to go with. We don't have any kids so was not sure if we would be out of place just going as a couple as we are in our late 20's.

Chris

So did you go to salon Chris how was it?
Hi
We're going to L'Estartit on Siesta Coaches, does anyone knowhow strict they are on luggage sizes this year? My Suitcase is a couple of inches over what they say on their paperwork, the weight is under the 20kg.
Thanks
I think a couple of inches will be fine, but if you want to make certain then I'd give them a call.
Hi all , I'm new to this but just wanted some advise from people who may have taken there children with disabilities on a long coach journey ?. Myself and my partner and my two boys are going to disney and Spain via siesta and I'm a little worried as my 4 year old has autism I have requested front row upper deck seats so he can be entertained by what's going on aswell as watching dvds but I worry is it going to be hot on the upper deck and are there ristrictions about keeping children belted up in there seats as my son is funny about seat belts he will wear them but only on his waist . I'm hoping that on the stop offs I can take him for a quick 5 min run around to burn some energy as he is a very active lad and is very loud I also worry about others complaining that he is loud as he is unable to talk but does make loud squeezing noises , all the family are questioning weather I made a mistake choosing to go by bus just wondering if anyone can give me some insight to what there journeys have been like with little ones or with those that have similar disabilities also do they have plugs to charge phones or ipads ? Thanks

Jemma
not been with Siesta for a while, as they are much dearer than Ferris, but their coaches are air conditioned and have very good seat back entertainment.
I would not rely on usb points on the coach for charging anything but take an emergency charging pack(s).
there are seat belt rules in france and spain, and if the authorities do board the coach and the children are not in seat belts the fines, which must be paid on the spot, are quite high.
there is a site on facebook called siesta holiday friends where regular travellers will post help and advice and this may give you a bit more reasssurance
On 6th July 2012 at 06:35am, johndoe said:
we have booked for benidorm in may using siesta coaches..hope all goes well.
did your holiday go well
we have been with siesta holidays before and we did not have a problem at all. The coach staff are very nice and friendly. The best seats on the coaches are the front seats because you get a good view of where you are. The entertainment system is so good and even though they don't have that much wfi on board the coaches and here is a video about a YouTube channel that go with siesta holidays and they use the Eurotunnel and they get 1 hostess and 2 or 4 drivers in the video and see if you recognise any of the staff with siesta holidays in this video https: https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=siesta+coach+holidays&&view=detail&mid=639F6E3B0B46B5FF5E50639F6E3B0B46B5FF5E50&&FORM=VRDG AR&ru=%2Fvideos%2Fsearch%3Fq%3Dsiesta%2Bcoach%2Bholidays%26FORM%3DHDRSC4 and hear is the another one https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=siesta+coach+holidays&&view=detail&mid=01AFE47324FCBA3C9AEC01AFE
47324FCBA3C9AEC&&FORM=VRDGAR&ru=%2Fvideos%2Fsearch%3Fq%3Dsiesta%2Bcoach
%2Bholidays%26FORM%3DHDRSC4 https://www.bing.com/images/search?view=detailV2&ccid=vDfOp58y&id=4FCA826D38A85C23C8FE3AFBE431F5D6571962F6&thid=OIP.vDfOp58y4rllRm7yFlSwagHaE9&m
ediaurl=https%3a%2f%2
fc2.staticflickr.com%2f8%2f7267%2f7132608261_918c9f679d_z.jpg&exph=428&expw=639&q=s
iesta+coach+holidays&simid=607987
234296826984&ck=B6122C3
AC4BD3EF7FFA2DBD48EA05401&selectedIndex=41&FORM=IRPRST
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.