Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
i suppose if you look on a map it is "near" marseille, but i think that they meant montpelier.
that is normal route for all the coach companies.
lol a near 200 kms,lol monty yes always has been but not marsielle ..either way the coach will arrive .lol
Sorry I must have got a little confused :) , Near to the region of Marseille after passing through Nimes :que , We had problems the last time and had to get a part for the coach, Then wait for a french mechanic, after waiting for him we was told we had to get off the main roads for him to fix it.
lol ,,never good breaking down,,i suppose its gott hapen sometime,i imagine with siesta not very pften though.x
Thanks for all this info...so helpful :)
If anyone has travelled this year let me know how your experience was
xx
no problemm,lol,i have foto on my aviator ,it should be up can u see it??? ta
hi all.....not been with siesta for a few years now ....but used them for over 10 yrs prior to that....am going to CDP with them next aug....been booked for weeks now....so am posting so I get emails and can keep up with the info......have only been a few times when they have used the tunnel....in the early years we used to do a disney stop over....that coach left a day earlier than the direct coches on a tuesday instead of a wednesday .....and for some reason they used the tunnel rather than the ferry.....the ferry was the norm for the wednesday coaches.....they had some kind of relationship with P&O ferries I think.....maybe that is nolonger the case.

When we used the tunnel the break was at Dover immidiatly prior to boarding the train ....dont know about coming back as it was always via the ferry....and like jimd-f says a good breakfast can be had on the ferry.....and if they now also use the tunnel coming home thats something I shall miss.

Going by dotcomsimons post other things have changed too....we used to cross the piranees (sorry cant spell ) during the night.....the coach would get noticably colder at this point....and I used to think what a shame as would have liked the children to see them.....the early morning stop was just over the border in spain......know this as was pesatas not francs untill the euro came in...we never had to change coaches for salou.

Last few times we went it was to CDP and we did at some point need to change coaches....dont remember it being any different coach wise going.....but remember at some point coming back being on a coach that wasnt as comfortable....think they had used one of the older fleet....

They say your accomodation is from 4pm.......but it depends on the state the vans were left in by the last lot of people ect.....and it didnt make any difference to my lot any way.....the earlier they arrived the better....thier hols began the minute they arrived...I had to make sure the swimming stuff and a beach towel was on the top of their cases......they would have them out and be off to the shower block to change....if I didnt the stuff in cases would get dragged out everywhere and left for me to sort out.......I soon got smart by putting the swimming stuff handy....meant they were off enjoying themselves....and we could have a much needed relaxing drink while we waited for the van to ready.......tweetie
many a rep will tell me im wrong,but i know the truth as i was one of them,lol,,the 4pm is basically and always had been to get you to spend in the bar and restnt on site whilst you wait ,as you will no doubt have to hang around for at least 2 to 4 hours before being given your accomadation,though you may be lucky and get in to la siesta early,,but you will still to wait.,,the main reason is also so the reps and manager can ,well have an afo siesta and skyve and fair enough some will say,,but remember they work 9 till 12,,then only 5 till 7pm,with 2 days off,so its not exactly hard graft),,otherwise known as a changeover day,luggage etc where they are so so busy ii dont know why its not poss to let you in at midday which is what they could actually do.as accom are vacated at 9am, because anyone who has travelled with them or most coach companies before knows you must have accomadation clean and spotless before you leave otherwise your deposit will not be refunded, .thus meaning there actually is no cleaning to do except a quick once over,.the days of reps visitng you ,having a chat and a coffee are long gone and an exception.though in some peoples eyes its a godsend as most reps these days really are 2nd rate,harsh but true,..but as i said before when i was a rep we really were always working,,,and how i enjoyed the visits,,i really did,,yet nowadays most reps dont take seriously the very clients who pay there wages,,sad really..that said with siesta .its pretty much always good,if its steve still ther hes helpful,the accom is nice and you will enjoy cdp
We have been to CM and CDP with Siesta and have always been in our accomodation before noon.
anybody travelled to the royal beach hotel with siesta coach holidays .any info please.
johndoe,
not used siesta recently, but have used them in the past, and have used the royal beach many times.going with ferris this week.
anything in particular that you want to know?
hi jimd-f.just enquiring about the trip down there by siesta coaches .thanks for any info you can give me..
regards j.d
hey paradiso thats i was saying ,,thats how i thought it was,,not 4pm ,iv never heard that,,,on departing. clients are out by 9am,,,, so easy to get in by midday if coach on time,on another note so many reviews i hear are regarding the entertainment on la siesta and how bad it is,,i cant wont lol name names but the owners of la siesta are pretty disentrested in making it better(due to having to spend)even thoigh iv explained with abit of organisation and little money it could be easily rectified,,and the hordes of clients who have deserted las siesta would come back along with new clients,,im almost sometimes so passionate i may offer to do it for free,when i was an ents manger in my youth there the ents were top class,its simply gone downhill..though not a major part of some peoples holiday,if u have a good steady ets team and programme it add to the kudos (and makes you more money)to the place itself,,,it really is a shame,but im persevering,
Stayed at La Siesta CDP many times in the past,last time being about 15 years ago,and entertainment was great then.Would love to go back,but just the 2 of us now,and too expensive.
johndoe,
coach journey is much the same as all others. they stop every 3-4 hours for usually 30-45 minutes. you stop near rheims/lyon and the spanish border for the usual breaks.
they provide you with headphones, and their entertainment system lets you watch the dvd, and listen through your headphones, or listen to music/comedy on the other channels.

they do sandwiches on board the coach, as well as hot/cold drinks, and i think they are good value compared to the service stations.chat to the hostess about what will be available in respect of food at each stop, and you will save a few euros.
some people take sandwiches etc for eating on the way down, but unless you are on a very tight budget i am not sure it is worth it.

tips for the coach
treat the journey as part of your holiday
take plenty change(english) for food and drinks on the coach- it is usually appreciated
take a cushion,numb bum is a reality -it can double as a pillow at night, and in the hotel
it can get chilly on the coach at night, so having a fleece handy can help
take a book/walkman
if you are a light sleeper take earplugs, or leave your headphones on

skip breakfast at the last stop and wait till you get to the resort.if you cant get into your room straight away, you can go out and get a good(ish) cooked breakfast in the resort -roxys bar straight across from your hotel (royal beach, i think you said?) does the best breakfast in the immediate area, but the hungry horse opposite the royal star(a 10 minute walk;left out the hotel and turn right at the roundabout at the top of the street) is better, but more expensive.
have fun
jim :tup you are a star ..thanks for all the info ..if you see me in a bar its my round second.. :cheers ..j.d
johndoe,
i am in costa brava next week, going with ferris AOA on friday.
we expect to get the olympic in calella :( . i would prefer to be in lloret, but i have to go to lloret anyway to fix a friends computer.
when are you there?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.