Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
if thats budget try prezeres valentine is a knightmare

edit
I thought you were only going out to Goa for the first time this weekend? :?
fiona ht mod
haven't been to either, but was talking to somone who was at Valentines,,,,couldn't wait to move :cry:
del
were goin friday if your unsure opt out and rent a apartment from 500roops a night thats what were doing 8) 8) :D
Couldnt comment on Valentines, but used Sillas for years when it was called the Alphaville, It's had a big makeover, a lot of the rooms are privatley owned, so it should be o.k. as far as standards go, and it's in a great location opposite the Mira Hotel, right in the heart of things in Calangute, so I would go for it Alan
hello
i came back on monday. two weeks in silla. nice quiet hotel. many had confusion with minibar - they charge, fill the bar next day and charge second time. wery good location, peaceful but very close to action. 100m to main shopee street and 7 minutes to beach. do not expect the european standards in cleaniness, then everything is OK.
we loved it and will definately go back next year.
have a nice holiday, elephant
I know it's too late for the original poster, but there ARE hotel reviews for both accommodations on this website.

We stayed at Valentine's Feb 2006 and chose to return there in Feb 2007.
Rooms are basic but clean - and kept clean by the room boys.

Personally, I would try to book ANY hotel in Candolim that had reasonable reviews (whilst recognising that reviews are subjective rather than objective) before settling for a hotel in Calangute.

It's purely my subjective opinion, but Candolim suits our tastes much better.

Polly
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.